Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

who makes the best suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who makes the best suspension?

who make the best suspension on the market today? need something to handle drag / circuit racing.....what would you recommed

stevenoreaga215

depends on how much money you want to throw in.
    neuspeed + koni yellow is one of the fav combination for cbs i think.
    Haven't done much research on coilovers.

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

Tein Super Street FTW. Height and dampening controllability in an affordable package. You can't go wrong.

Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE - garage queen
      1991 Honda Accord Ex - daily beats

Comment

There are a shit load of options everyone has different preferences. The only thing I can say is do your research. IMO teins are too soft. I have basics on my car I would like a stiffer spring rate if possible.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Tein definetely has some of the best products

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

IMO this looks like the best deal if you have the $..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76939

Comment

There is no "best". Figure out what you need, and find the system that meets those needs.

Comment

Tein makes excellent suspensions
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  There is no "best". Figure out what you need, and find the system that meets those needs.
                  X2...there is a best suspension system for your application.
                  • Soft Original Ride: Stock OEM Suspension
                  • Sporty Ride, mild drop, soft, cheap: Sports Springs (Tein H-Tech, Eibach ProKit, Neuspeed Sport) with Mild Dampers (Tokico HP, Bilstein HD)
                  • Sporty ride, low ride, firm, expensive: High Rate springs (Eibach Sportline, Neuspeed Race) with High Rate Dampers (Tokico Illuminas, Koni Yellow or Red (non adjustable))
                  • Performance Ride, height adjustable, Cheap: Coilovers with non-adjustable Dampers (Tein Basic, Nex GT)
                  • Performance Ride, height adjustable, dampening rate adjustable, expensive: Adjustable Coilovers (Tein SS, Tein Comfort, F&F Autolife)

if I had all the money in the world I would get the Tein Cruising Master with the Comfort Sport Dampers controlled with the EDFC

have fun
                  DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                    [*]Sporty ride, low ride, firm, expensive: High Rate springs (Eibach Sportline, Neuspeed Race) with High Rate Dampers (Tokico Illuminas, Koni Yellow or Red (non adjustable))
                    The reds are adjustable....They just arent adjustable while still on the car

So to a lazy person (like me) they are essentially non-adjustable....but if your not lazy (unlike me) you can adjust them all you want....Just be prepared for it to be a few hour ordeal.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                      The reds are adjustable....They just arent adjustable while still on the car

So to a lazy person (like me) they are essentially non-adjustable....but if your not lazy (unlike me) you can adjust them all you want....Just be prepared for it to be a few hour ordeal.
                      yeap, no one is really going to adjust them due to the tedious process.

here's a FAQ&A from Koni:

Originally posted by Koni FAQ&A

Q: What is the difference between KONI Special (red) and KONI Sport (yellow)?

A: The KONI Special (red) has been engineered to maximize the ride comfort with good handling performance for each vehicle application. The KONI Sport (yellow) typically starts at a higher initial valving baseline to give a sportier feel and work on vehicles with higher performance parts. In some instances, KONI will only offer a Special or Sport valving and not both. Some modern cars come from the factory with higher tech suspension systems and wheel/tire packages so they would move directly into the Sport range, however they are still valved to give a comfortable ride with very good handling capabilities.
                      DEVOTE

Comment

To me atleast the least amount of adjustability the better. Suspension dyno's are expensive hard to find and even harder to tune. But If I had all the money in the world...

Comment

GroundControl+KONI YELLOWS ithink is the best dollar for dollar PLUS its life time warranty on both items.

Comment

Suspension tuning is most often done by driver feel alone... Lots of trial and error, combined with a working knowledge of the characteristics of the car and the suspension system.

I agree with the benefits of a limited adjustability. Too much to play with in the hands of someone that doesn't know or need all the features, can make a really good suspension system rather crappy. I like my Konis, where I can adjust "stiffness" (rebound only, I believe). My springs are at a set height. More than that, and I'd get myself in trouble... not to mention the constant alignments needed if I were to play with the height!

Comment

personally i purchased the TOKICO HP kit because it has a lifetime warranty and was a cheap replacement to my OEM crap. I bought them on ebay for under 400 dollars but i lost my reciept.

Comment

Working...
                              X