Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

B- series swap?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B- series swap?

anyone ever do a B- series swap in a CB? i called a place in cali about a H swap, and they suggested a B-series swap as another option? never heard of this being done..... pro's Vs. con's.....?

if this has already been asked sorry in advance....

Cons are a large loss in torque. It's tough to make up for the loss of 400cc worth of displacement. You'd have to run the engine at a much higher RPM, which would kill your gas mileage. Stick with an F-series or H-series engine. You'll have something Civic owners wish they had - torque.
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

don't go to that shop.

Comment

idk i hate how everyone says it would be a slower swap than stock. The only reason it isnt done is because of mounts/axles problems. If it were done, there is huuuuge aftermarket support available as compared to F/H series, which the torque could be increased to greater than an f22/h22. A stock B18C1, USDM gsr motor has about 175hp and 120ish tq, that would def move an accord, just not as quickly in lower rpms. If you have the funds, access to welding equipment, time, and money, i'd say go for it, you would be a legend in the cb7tuner community.

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

well im just more of a fan of the B-series engines as ive done several builds with them. i know all tehse guys are fond of the F/H series motors, but whats the fastest street prelude/accord with a built F/H motor? to make any kind of power you have to resleeve the block and all kinds of stuff.

i guess its just personal preference when it comes to this question....

Comment

You don't have to resleeve, but it's useful if you go big-bore or turbo.

2point6 ran 12.7 with his NA H22 at 249whp. He also got 28mpg, and it was daily driven. The motor was making over 275whp by the time it bit the dust (sucked in debris...)

Bisimoto runs an NA carbureted F22 in his Insight race car. It makes 400hp, and pulls his Insight down the quarter in 9.6 seconds. He said that in a 2600lb CB7, it should run low 11s.

A B series swap would not have CONSIDERABLY less torque (why do people insist on saying that?). They're smaller displacement motors, so they are lacking a bit, but not considerably. The biggest issue involves the mounts, axles, and shift linkage. The B and D series use rods to shift, whereas the H and F use cables. It would require floor surgery to accommodate rods, or an adapter plate to use an H/F transmission.

The H and F motors are VERY potent motors. There's no need to go with a B series. There's nothing a B can do that an H or F can't. The ONLY significant strength with the B series is the transmission. The B transmission design is superior to the H/F. It's stronger.

Talk to that shop. Get them to give you a quote for a B series swap. Then ask them to do it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask them to do it! I REALLY want to see the results of that!

Honestly though... if they're suggesting a B series swap for your car, they must have NO clue what they're talking about. That's like going to a doctor complaining about abdominal pains, and having him suggest that it's your ovaries (if you're a girl, the relevance of that comparison just went out the window... I'm assuming you're a dude).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              You don't have to resleeve, but it's useful if you go big-bore or turbo.

2point6 ran 12.7 with his NA H22 at 249whp. He also got 28mpg, and it was daily driven. The motor was making over 275whp by the time it bit the dust (sucked in debris...)

Bisimoto runs an NA carbureted F22 in his Insight race car. It makes 400hp, and pulls his Insight down the quarter in 9.6 seconds. He said that in a 2600lb CB7, it should run low 11s.

A B series swap would not have CONSIDERABLY less torque (why do people insist on saying that?). They're smaller displacement motors, so they are lacking a bit, but not considerably. The biggest issue involves the mounts, axles, and shift linkage. The B and D series use rods to shift, whereas the H and F use cables. It would require floor surgery to accommodate rods, or an adapter plate to use an H/F transmission.

The H and F motors are VERY potent motors. There's no need to go with a B series. There's nothing a B can do that an H or F can't. The ONLY significant strength with the B series is the transmission. The B transmission design is superior to the H/F. It's stronger.

Talk to that shop. Get them to give you a quote for a B series swap. Then ask them to do it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask them to do it! I REALLY want to see the results of that!

Honestly though... if they're suggesting a B series swap for your car, they must have NO clue what they're talking about. That's like going to a doctor complaining about abdominal pains, and having him suggest that it's your ovaries (if you're a girl, the relevance of that comparison just went out the window... I'm assuming you're a dude).

bisi also has years of R&D on his set-ups with bukoo"s of money involed. i never said the H/F didnt have potential, like i said im just used to the B-series motors. havent seen many "fast" F's, and the H swap is so common.... my car is up forsale so i dont plan on doing any swaps with it anyhow, just curious if anyone has ever done this.

Comment

It's way too much work for too little gain.

There are plenty of fast Fs around. 250whp is doable for $1000 or less with turbo. A cam upgrade and some mild headwork can put an NA F22A into the stock H22 range (150whp or so... 15whp shy of the average stock H22A). The H swap is common because it's easy as dirt, and an instant 50-75hp gain (with a stronger aftermarket).

Bisi does have a ton of money and research done, agreed. However, thanks to his work, we can all benefit. I'm still looking forward to the official release of his F22 and H22 headers!

Comment

like i said im not gonna argue about the power capabilities of an H/F my question is simply has it been done. i understand where your going with your comments and opinions. and they are appreciated. BISIMOTO=BADASS i agree with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by yblegal08
                    well im just more of a fan of the B-series engines as ive done several builds with them. i know all tehse guys are fond of the F/H series motors, but whats the fastest street prelude/accord with a built F/H motor? to make any kind of power you have to resleeve the block and all kinds of stuff.

i guess its just personal preference when it comes to this question....

If you are a fan of B series get a civic like everyone else in the world. Or have something that few people have.
                    New to ATL

Comment

your post is absolutley useless to this topic..... Kthanxbye!

Comment

I dont think deevergote is trying to argue, just giving you info about what you asked. Why are you curious if your not even going to do it?

"quote" Talk to that shop. Get them to give you a quote for a B series swap. Then ask them to do it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask them to do it! I REALLY want to see the results of that!

It looks to me he has never seen it done before...
                        Last edited by cb7addict; 01-10-2008, 07:16 PM.

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                        BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                        SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Correct. It has never been done within this community. Not ALL people that modify 90-93 Accords come here, but we have quite a few. Chances are, if it has been done, it would've been by a member here, or a member would've heard about it.

I would love to see what the shop would say... and how they would go about doing things. I wonder how far they'd get before they realized how much custom fabrication would be necessary...

Comment

Originally posted by cb7addict
                            I dont think deevergote is trying to argue, just giving you info about what you asked. Why are you curious if your not even going to do it?
                            never said he was trying to argue. was just stating i wasnt gonna argue with anyone in general about this subject.

just because your not gonna do something youve never been curious as to wether or not its been done, or how, or how much work was involved.....

if i wanted a race car i wouldnt invest my money in an accord, im sorry. no offense to anyone here or towards anyones cars. but if it were me and i was building a purpose built race car an accord would not be on my list of cars...

just like BISIMOTO, he has the fastest F series motor, but lok what its in....not an accord. i have nothing against the car they are nice cars dont get me wrong hel i own one...just not meant to be race cars.

Comment

The Accord is, and always has been, intended to be a people mover. Plain and simple. People modify them to meet their own visions, but at the core of it, the idea of the Accord has always been quite simply an economical mid-sized commuter car.
                              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end
                              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                              X