Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23 vtec swap into 91 CB7 5spd EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23 vtec swap into 91 CB7 5spd EX

Has anyone done a f23 vtec swap into a fourth gen before? Which parts are interchangeable which aren't and what else is needed? And last but not least, were you satisfy with the outcome of the swap? Did the vtec work out? Please someone let me know thanks.
    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

probly not worth the money at all

Comment

any reasons why? I mean I can get the motor and tranny from my cousin for nothing.
      91-accord

Comment

SOHC vtec just isnt anything to write home about

Comment

SOHC VTEC is worthless. The motor is OBD2, so you'll have to convert... not hard, but another step. A few people have done it had run into weird problems. If your motor isn't in bad shape, don't waste your time. The transmission can be used on your car (I'd keep that as a replacement and sell the motor)

If you want to do it though, it's similar to the H22 swap.

Comment

If you want more displacement why not just sleeve your engine? But if its a little performance your after there are lots of other easier ways to get it.
            Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

It's not the displacement that I want. I want a slight gain in horse and torque and vtec as well. Although I also have a short block f22b. I was planning to get a f22b vtec head or otherwise go with the regular f22b single turbo charged using the dsm set-up. Oh, I am also considering swapping out my tranny for the f23 tranny. Are the trannys interchangeable easily?
              91-accord

Comment

I'm about to get in the same boat as you 91-accord. The only reason i'd like to possibly do this swap is because the f23 is being offered to me at a low price. I'm not after the higher power & torque numbers, but more on having a healthy, low mileage motor. If the motor will be sold to me at $150, is it worth it? or should i just pick up something else.? what are your opinions..

Comment

i'd take a low mileage engine for 150 bucks but seeing as mine only has ~135K on it, i'd probably just keep it in the corner under a cover so nothing happens to it.

Comment

It's can be done, This is Samuri88 wagon with a 5 speed tranny

Accord Of The Month January 09
                    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by 91-accord
                      It's not the displacement that I want. I want a slight gain in horse and torque and vtec as well. Although I also have a short block f22b. I was planning to get a f22b vtec head or otherwise go with the regular f22b single turbo charged using the dsm set-up. Oh, I am also considering swapping out my tranny for the f23 tranny. Are the trannys interchangeable easily?
                      Tap one hole for the tranny. Easy.

As for the SOHC VTEC... it is NOT an upgrade. Additionally, the DSM manifold will not work with a SOHC VTEC head.

Comment

ha..thanks richie for the post.
                        but yea it not the best....but i like it...i got mine for free..from a 98 auto cl.
                        then i did a 5 speed swap 2 it.
                        this is me..." if its free or a very low price go for it."
                        MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88
                          " if its free or a very low price go for it."
                          I agree. If it's cheap or free, and in better condition than what you have... yes. If you want to pull out a perfectly good F22A to replace it with an F22B1 or F23A expecting an upgrade, you're going to be disappointed!

Comment

thanks for the info guys..

Comment

so H22 is the thing to do huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X