Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

getting only 177 to the tank..helppp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting only 177 to the tank..helppp!

hey im new to this site and i know a lil about cars. i jus got my cb7..(92 accord lx) and wen i fill up the tank which takes 13.5 gallons i am only getting 177 mpt. my car is manual and its mostly city driven since i live in nyc. i put 87 octane and i have changed: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, put a short ram intake and the primary o2 sensor. according to my check engine light it said it was bad and so i changed it. what do you think can be the problem? also my cel doesnt turn off. i changed the sensor and still is on. what can be done about tht?

well you sure the CEL is for the sensor?

have you tried to figure it out?
    theres a StIKY somewhere that tells you excatly what it is!
    first figure out the CEL!

theres a little square plug thing under the dash under your pasengers side!

and just use a paper clip and stick them in both and then put the key in on
    position i belive!

the cel light will blink and follow this diagram below me!
    and
    a long blink = 10
    a short blink = 1
    It will repeat after all the codes are done.

4. Compare to this list to see what the problem is:

1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
    2 O2B - Oxygen sensor #2
    3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
    4 CKP - crank position sensor
    5 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
    6 ECT - water temperature sensor
    7 TPS - throttle position sensor
    8 TDC - top dead centre sensor
    9 CYP - cylinder sensor
    10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor
    12 EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve
    13 BARO - atmospheric pressure sensor
    14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve
    15 Ignition output signal
    16 Fuel injectors
    17 VSS - speed sensor
    19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve
    20 Electrical load detector
    21 VTEC spool solenoid valve
    22 VTEC pressure valve
    23 Knock sensor
    30 Automatic transmission A signal
    31 Automatic transmission B signal
    36 traction control found on JDM ecu's
    41 Primary oxygen sensor heater
    43 Fuel supply system
    45 Fuel system too rich or lean
    48 LAF - lean air fuel sensor
    54 CKF - crank fluctuation sensor
    58 TDC sensor #2
    61 Primary oxygen sensor
    63 Secondary oxygen sensor
    65 Secondary oxygen sensor heater
    71 random misfire cylinder 1
    72 random misfire cylinder 2
    73 random misfire cylinder 3
    74 random misfire cylinder 4
    80 Exhaust Gas Recirculation insufficient flow detected
    86 ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature) circuit range / performance problem
    90 Evaporative Emission Control System leak detected in the fuel tank area
    91 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor low input
    92 Evaporative Emission Control System insufficient purge flow

anyone correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by cvc7chris; 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

yea i checked it before i changed the old o2 sensor cuz the old one had 3 wires cut. i got code 41..primary o2 sensor heater malfunction. and i changed it and its still on. is there any way to check for current? and what about the gas mileage? does anyone know the problem?

Comment

did you do your fuel filter recently? how many miles you have on your car? its supposed to be changed every 4yrs/60K miles.

Also clean out your IACV and EGR, maybe that'll help.

Check your tire pressure, that drains a lot of MPG if its excessively low.

Is your engine struggling in anyway to keep it at speed? if it is you might have a sticking brake caliper.

Anything weird going on w/ your engine? sounds? vibrations? give me more info. If you fixed your O2 sensor than that should take car of the Check engine. but if it's still on, you have something else that's wrong. so do that first. but the other things i mentioned help as well

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i jus bought a new fuel filter like 20 mins ago thinking it might be that. i have 182,xxx on the car. where is the egr valve located? i recently cleaned the iacv. tire pressure is at 30psi. when i check the cel codes it only pops up 41. i was there for lik 10 mins and the same code over and over and over again. the car does vibrate a lil on neutral. i believe its idling at 800-900.

Comment

egr is to the left of the fuel rail, kinda looks like it has one of those binder clamp thingy's ontop of it. I believe it's held in by 3 bolts, so just undo that and spray it out w/ carb cleaner.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

did you reset your ecu? disconnect the neg terminal on the battery for 10 mins and pull the ecu fuse under the hood...see if the code still pops up

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Dirty injectors? Air filter? Leadfoot?
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

what kind of o2 sensor did you put on? i know the bosh aftermarket sensors had the wrong resistance for the lx/dx. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i am going to try the egr valve cleaning tom cuz its too late for me to freeze my ass in the cold lol...umm i tryed to reset the ecu and nothing...disconnect each terminal and then both and take out the ecu fuse and still nothing. i even left it disconnected over night and still.i believe the o2 sensor was from denso but im not sure..kinda threw away the box. i dont have a heavy foot and i got a new short ram intake so i dont think thts the problem. i am also going to try tom at work to "borrow" some lucas fuel injector cleaner from work and hopefully tht fixes it. cuz here in ny to fill her up its almost $50 and it only lasts me 1 week and a half. thnks everyone for all the help..ill get back to everyone tom after work.

Comment

o2....fuel system cleaner....fuel filter...injectors...
                      MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

also there might be a chance your cat. converter is clogged, depending on how bad the fuel is over there.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

was it one of the bosch universals o2 sensors or did it have a factory plug?

Comment

You CAN get a bad brand new O2 sensor btw...

Originally posted by TypeG
                            what kind of o2 sensor did you put on? i know the bosh aftermarket sensors had the wrong resistance for the lx/dx. later.
                            ah dammit...if I'm not buying from the dealership...what brand is recommended? I don't remember if I put a bosh in or not...I don't think I did though...but just in case...which brand?
                            ____

Comment

hey well after a long stressful day at my job..(auto parts store)..i installed the fuel filter. wow i must say that i had the factory Honda filter and lets just say that wen i took it out it was left in pieces. my o2 sensor is from denso i believe. the harness had the factory plug.unfortunately i cant move my car because my brake master cylinder is defective and yea no brakes. i tryed resetting the ecu and nothing. can anyone else gimme any ideas? i got 2 bottles of lucas fuel injector cleaner to put in there on monday wen i get my car from the shop. i cleaned the egr valve also. umm i guess thts it for now i will keep everyone updated on monday wen i get my car. anything else im missing?.....

Comment

Working...
                              X