Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Complete Turbo Kit for under a Grand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Turbo Kit for under a Grand

YES, no kidding. But does anyone know if it's any good? here the link for check it out
    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

this actually loosks kinda cheap. For the most part I think its kinda ok, non realy eperiance tho

Comment

I almost bought that same kit last month, but couldnt find and info about it, or anyone who had tried a similar e-bay kit. My dad talked me out of it though, couse he knows cars. I dont really know how bad i want a turbo thats made in china controling my boost, or risking my engine.

Comment

If I get this kit:

I have a short block f22b (The orginal head was ruin by the cam shaft that broke near the cam gear. The broken cam shaft then took out along with it a chunck of the head (don't know the technical term)), can I put a f22a6 head on along with the intake manifolds as well? Also, does one klnow if the short block may be effected by the broken cam shaft? The motor has about 88k on it. How much max can I boost for stock engine?

Please be patient I'm hoping to take some pictures of the short block and the ruined head by tonight.
        91-accord

Comment

re

Well I am curious as well. By picture it appears to be decent in quality. But Not really sure. Price seemd really low for all that you are getting. Anyone know anything about this? My main concern with it would be more about the brand of BOV-is it a real SSQV?, and who makes the turbo?-Turbonetics,Precision,etc. Because unfortunately you usually get what you pay for.
          1995 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed-DD and stockish
          1991 Honda Accord- H22a and lowered DD#2
          2005 SRT-4 ACR package-stock at the moment

Comment

do your research dude. purchase any ebay kit from a company on ebay, and your asking for trouble. the manifolds and the turbos themeselves are the lamest parts. so have had success though. use at your own risk. most of us don't have the money to do repairs if the turbo blows out something like your motor or tranny.
            91 Ex CB9
            JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
            p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
            Weight Reductions
            R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by 91-accord
              If I get this kit:

I have a short block f22b (The orginal head was ruin by the cam shaft that broke near the cam gear. The broken cam shaft then took out along with it a chunck of the head (don't know the technical term)), can I put a f22a6 head on along with the intake manifolds as well? Also, does one klnow if the short block may be effected by the broken cam shaft? The motor has about 88k on it. How much max can I boost for stock engine?

Please be patient I'm hoping to take some pictures of the short block and the ruined head by tonight.
              Here are some pictures

[IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
              91-accord

Comment

aww. that sucks!

that's why i keep my shit stock

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I think that motor was running on stock when I got though. A customer had their 96 accord tolled to my buddies shop. And he and his dad found the broken cam shaft along with the wreck head. They said the block is still good. So they replaced the motor. What do you guys think? If the head is wrecked, do you think that the block and pistons are effected?
                  91-accord

Comment

re

Well my thinking after researching a bit is that it is mostly knock off. Probably like they said use at your own risk. I mean if the BOV is a real HKS SSQV, they run about $260 by themselves alone. And a decent T3/T4 is probably around the $450 range. That alone makes a little over $700 already. I have to admit though it looks decent. But looks can be very deceiving on ebay
                    1995 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed-DD and stockish
                    1991 Honda Accord- H22a and lowered DD#2
                    2005 SRT-4 ACR package-stock at the moment

Comment

YOU get what u paid for. Stay away from the cheap ebay turbos. IF u goign to turbo your car, do it right the first time. Safe your money.Do research, find how much Hp u want and what u trying to do and go from there. Cutting corners always come back to bit u on the ass.I almost went for the cheat ebay turbo kit. But after doing research, they said, the turbos are made from cheap material, the manifolds crack. I dont think u want to go to a car meet, and your engine, and turbo fall apart in front of everyone, while your girl is in the car

Members Ride thread

Comment

You can build your own kit for less than that, if you know what you're doing.

Comment

DSM turbo would probably be the cheapest way out.
                          91-accord

Comment

For sure... only if you know what you're doing as well...

The commonly used DSM 14b is fairly small for our engines. It'll work, but it's not the best (small turbos create more heat).

Turbo CAN be done cheaply, but you really do get what you pay for. Spending $2000 on wisely-purchased GOOD components is better than spending $800 on cheap used crap, or uber-cheap "new" crap.

Comment

i would def

i would recomend piece together your own shit, i know its a little more complicated, but you will get better parts that you enjoy a lot more

on top of that I dont know where you would mount that gi-normous IC. on top of the roof? anyways good luck that is my opinion.
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X