Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swapping to a f22b1 head on f22a1 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping to a f22b1 head on f22a1 block

what all would i need to purchase for this swap?
    rip-92 honda accord lx
    new- 93 cb7 ex

Not really a worthwhile head swap. Better off gettin an f22b the jdm version. You would just need the head, wires, HG, and I think you need to block off a port or something not sure on that part. You will also need to trim the driver side mount to make it fit.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

alot of pride. most cb7tuners will tell you head swaps are not advisable. Your better off getting a DOHC swap. Also FYI the f22b1 head is lower flowing restricted and has the wiring and piping rearange. So youll need the head correct OBD's different hoses and extended wires and a head gasket the timing belt should be the same. BTW NON VTEC SOHC FOR THE WIN CHECK OUT BISI OR OUR COMMUNITY HERO HONDAFAN18 ADVANCE SEARCH IS THE KEY

Comment

I know xfactortype1 has it. He might be able to give you some advice (not sure how often he's around, though).

It's probably a bit similar to the H23 headswap, with wiring similar to that of the H22 swap. You'll need the ECU for the F22B1.

Honestly, the F22A head is much better than the F22B1 head. The F22B1 has nothing to offer... it flows like crap. Don't get sucked in by the VTEC gimmick! If you really want SOHC VTEC, just get a whole F22B1. It'll be easier and more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
          alot of pride. most cb7tuners will tell you head swaps are not advisable. Your better off getting a DOHC swap. Also FYI the f22b1 head is lower flowing restricted and has the wiring and piping rearange. So youll need the head correct OBD's different hoses and extended wires and a head gasket the timing belt should be the same. BTW NON VTEC SOHC FOR THE WIN CHECK OUT BISI OR OUR COMMUNITY HERO HONDAFAN18 ADVANCE SEARCH IS THE KEY
          A study of the English language is key... I'm used to reading your posts, and that one was hard even for ME to follow!

Even though the head sucks, try to give some useful information regarding the question at hand... or don't post at all. It's a crappy swap, but if he wants to do it, he's allowed. Feel free to advise against it, but don't do so without offering some sort of answer to the question that was asked.

Comment

ok thanks, whats the best way to gain power without spending a crap load of money?
            rip-92 honda accord lx
            new- 93 cb7 ex

Comment

DEEV LOL.
              I vote no for the sohc vtec swap. I vote no for the DOHC VTEC head swap. I vote in favor of a H23/F22B(JDM) Head swap, H23 complete swap, F22B complete Swap, F20B complete Swap, H22 complete swap, H23VTEC Complete Swap Just not a sohc vtec.

Easy way to make HP is to save up and get a reall power adder like nitrous, or a fresh rebuild of the motor with 12:1 pistons

Comment

Originally posted by hondaaccordboy
                ok thanks, whats the best way to gain power without spending a crap load of money?
                There is a thread (made by deev) that adresses increased power for 500 bucks. I'd look for that, it's gotta be floating around beginner technical somewhere.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

do you know of any places online where i can find the h23 or f22b jdm heads?
                  rip-92 honda accord lx
                  new- 93 cb7 ex

Comment

the best bet would be just get the whole damn motor.. less headache and probably cheaper in the long run !!

F22B DOHC FTW !!!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

well i was told by the person that did my head swap that f22b1 will not bolt on to the f22a1 block im not sure how true it is so insted of the f22b1 head swap i did the f23b head swap from a 99 accord ex i would advise to rebulid the bottom end befor doing it mine runs good and has more power than it did before the only problem i ran it to doing this swap was you have to plug one of the watter gally holes in the front of the head where it meets the block because the head gasket would not seal up aginst it

Comment

^ ridindirty! although i would personally do it backward f23 block f22a head but what ever floats your boat

Comment

well the main reson i did it like that is i had the hole f23 engin but it slung a rod and i fuc*ed up my stock head so i just did this swap truthfully i did not think it would make that much of a diffrence but really it did i still have a couple of thing left to do to it but all in all im happy for the extra power it gave me

Comment

For real it takes nuts to make things like that work.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                              For real it takes nuts to make things like that work.
                              what do you mean

Comment

Working...
                              X