Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Deciding on an Exhaust kit: "Tone"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deciding on an Exhaust kit: "Tone"

hi,

i'm contemplating on what exhaust kit to buy for my 92' accord LX. i'm looking for a kit that'll give me a deep, throaty, (for lack of a better word) ballsy, tone, similar to a muscle car. (some may consider this blasphemy lol)
    i think i read somewhere that customizing your downpipes (which i know nothing about) a certain way can give you these results, if anyone has any info about this, pls. let me know. here's a bit of an example of what sound i'm looking for:

flowmaster

here's an example of what i'm NOT looking for, no offense to anyone:

Skunk 2 Replica Axle Back Exhaust

so if anyone knows of any mods or exhaust kit brands that'll give me the meanest, most muscular sound possible please let me know.

-much appreciated
    My 1992 honda accord LX 5 spd.

"Behold! What was once thought to have been
    buried beneath the sands of time,
    the ill-fated Haynes Repair Manual has been resurrected
    from the depths of a watery grave." - LX_Accordian

magnaflow bro all the wayyy. will be running it. heard it on a RX-8 and totally fell in love with it.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Dynomax is good, but Borla is better

Comment

I have stock piping but got a magnaflow dual tip weilded in and it has a deep throaty sound. Sounds awesome. It sounds like the 350z's but a little louder and deeper

Comment

so, so far magnaflows' the weapon of choice...
          Last edited by LX_Accordian; 02-05-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

heres what a dual tip magnaflow sounded on my old car, it's 2.25'' piping with no resonator. Skip to the 30 sec to hear the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITY4GNXncqA&NR=1

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH
              heres what a dual tip magnaflow sounded on my old car, it's 2.25'' piping with no resonator. Skip to the 30 sec to hear the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITY4GNXncqA&NR=1
              2.25 piping with no resonator? sorry bro, can you break it down further for me in noob terms? i understand that 2.25 is the diameter right? and i'm guessing the resonator suppresses sound? so a bigger diameter makes it louder and deeper and what else? and removing a resonator makes it even louder and thats it? btw, what are the advantages of having a duel tip exhaust as opposed to a single tip?
              Last edited by LX_Accordian; 02-05-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Well like I said if you can fork over the extra money for a Borla exhaust, they are well worth it. Will make a 4 cylinder very clean and not raspy, also they seem to have a lower sound. Also if you want a cheaper exhaust check out Greddy. Greddy has a good sound also but not as deep of sound. Just matters on what you like. Here is a link to Greddys exhaust, http://www.greddy.com/home/?id=222. But whatever you do, dont straight pipe it or put cherry bombs on it LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by LX_Accordian
                  2.25 piping with no resonator? sorry bro, can you break it down further for me in noob terms? i understand that 2.25 is the diameter right? and i'm guessing the resonator suppresses sound? so a bigger diameter makes it louder and deeper and what else? and removing a resonator makes it even louder and thats it? btw, what are the advantages of having a duel tip exhaust as opposed to a single tip?
                  yes 2.25 is the diameter and yes the rsonator supresses sound. Removing the resonator makes it louder. The size of the pipe depends on what motor ur running, if u have the stock f22 2.25 is perfect and if u have an h22 2.5 is optimal size. There are no advatages to running single tip to a dual tip, it's just the look of what u like.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSteve
                    Well like I said if you can fork over the extra money for a Borla exhaust, they are well worth it. Will make a 4 cylinder very clean and not raspy, also they seem to have a lower sound. Also if you want a cheaper exhaust check out Greddy. Greddy has a good sound also but not as deep of sound. Just matters on what you like. Here is a link to Greddys exhaust, http://www.greddy.com/home/?id=222. But whatever you do, dont straight pipe it or put cherry bombs on it LOL.
                    i checked ebay, for borla exhausts, seems like they had some good deals. too bad they dont ship to guam
                    i found ONE that shipped to where i live:

Borla Universal Muffler High Performance

what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH
                      yes 2.25 is the diameter and yes the rsonator supresses sound. Removing the resonator makes it louder. The size of the pipe depends on what motor ur running, if u have the stock f22 2.25 is perfect and if u have an h22 2.5 is optimal size. There are no advatages to running single tip to a dual tip, it's just the look of what u like.
                      i see, thanks alot bro

Comment

That Borla muffler is good, but it's just the muffler, I believe. You'll need custom piping made at an exhaust shop.

There are two types of piping, crush-bent and mandrel-bent. Crush bent piping is the stuff you get at muffler shops. The bends are, well, crushed... so the diameter of the pipe narrows at the bends. Mandrel bent piping is bent with a special machine to keep the pipe diameter even around the bends, making for optimal flow. All good quality aftermarket systems have this type of piping.

The Apex'i World Sport is my favorite in terms of performance and sound... it hangs low and has a huge can, though... the main reason why I don't have one.

GReddy (Trust in Japan), Tanabe, Borla, Remus, Magnaflow, and RS*R are all very good brands to look into (I've missed a few good ones as well...)

The longer the can, the quieter it usually is.

A resonator is like an in-line muffler. When looking at a full exhaust system, any bulge in the piping is a resonator... like this:

(I'm not endorsing that website on the picture... I know nothing of them)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

RS*R
                          the best

DEVOTE

Comment

i kinda like the skunk2 axle back, but im with quickangel93 magnaflow! this is mine inside &out.
                            Last edited by benjerman112; 02-05-2008, 08:35 PM.
                            Freedom Is Not Free
                            U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              That Borla muffler is good, but it's just the muffler, I believe. You'll need custom piping made at an exhaust shop.

There are two types of piping, crush-bent and mandrel-bent. Crush bent piping is the stuff you get at muffler shops. The bends are, well, crushed... so the diameter of the pipe narrows at the bends. Mandrel bent piping is bent with a special machine to keep the pipe diameter even around the bends, making for optimal flow. All good quality aftermarket systems have this type of piping.

The Apex'i World Sport is my favorite in terms of performance and sound... it hangs low and has a huge can, though... the main reason why I don't have one.

GReddy (Trust in Japan), Tanabe, Borla, Remus, Magnaflow, and RS*R are all very good brands to look into (I've missed a few good ones as well...)

The longer the can, the quieter it usually is.

A resonator is like an in-line muffler. When looking at a full exhaust system, any bulge in the piping is a resonator... like this:

(I'm not endorsing that website on the picture... I know nothing of them)
                              thx alot 4 all the info man

Comment

Working...
                              X