Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

(F22a1) car wont stay on or move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(F22a1) car wont stay on or move

well this is the problem with my car well i just changed the head on my f22a1 (auto) and got everything back in place made sure the timing is on point i checked it 5 times and i filled up all the fluids and charged up the battery then im gettin ready to start the car turns over fine then put the wheels back on the car and then try to move it out of my garage and then the car just bog and then dies then i put it back in park car starts right up then i try to pull it out agian then its dies the car moved about a foot and it died then i try to start it turns over for 5 to 10 seconds then the rpm meter just starts jumping and then its stay low like 300-500 rpm then dies i was tryin to hit the gas pedal but that made it die so im not sure what the problem is but hopefully someone here can help me out

hmmm dont know much other than fuel, compression, spark. those r the 3 golden rules. you sure all bolts are tightened and secure. spark plugs are put in correctly? someone here will help ya just keep checking back.

Comment

thank for the help i just tryed but not working still

Comment

So it runs fine in Park/Neutral?? If so it seems like theres something out of adjustment/wrong with the transmission causing it to stall out. Maybe something is going on with the ignition. I dont know a thing about this but I figured I would throw my thoughts out there.

90 Accord LX Auto
        Engine-F22A1
        Mods- Intake, Full exhaust, Strut bar, lowering springs.

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

did you calibrate the tps ?? do you have the throttle cable adjusted right ?? have you checked to see if the vaccum lines are place right and all hooked up right ???

Originally posted by Devergote
          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

check and see if there are any codes stored in the computer, sounds like a tps problem, ive seen it happen like that on preludes before,if u have a chilton they will tell u how to adjust the sensor,other then that double check everything u did
            Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

Sounds to me like it might be ignition timing. You had to swap the distributors, right? You might look into getting a timing light and checking.

And I know you said timing, but you didn't specify mechanical or ignition, so if you already checked ignition, then ignore me.

Otherwise, I'd check vacuum lines, and check grounds as well. An intermittent ground could cause problems like that.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

only thing i can think of is how much fuel is in the tank? thats what it sounds like to me, but i am probably wrong lol.. good luck on finding the answer

98 Sunfire GT current DD

Comment

Working...
                X