Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 VTEC for $250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 VTEC for $250

Someone locally is selling a F22 VTEC motor from a 94 EX. Should I jump on this or put money into fixing the other bugs with the car i.e. electrical gremlins, lt fender, and suspension. It sounds good, but I need to get other things done as well. But for $250...what do you guys suggest? Current motor only has 80K on it, and 205K on the body.
    01 AP1 (weekend cruiser)
    96 Boosted DC2 (my dream car)
    92 CB7 (winter beater)
    09 Ruckus
    92 MKII VR GTI
    17 Fiesta ST
    My crew SpeedeG is the featured Team Profile in vol. 5 issue 5 of S3 Magazine. Check it out.

Ok the motor ur talkin about is the F22B1, sohc Vtak,
    Lots of people rather jus have a F22A6,

Then others like it, depends on what you wanna do with it.

If u want it for a DD then i suggest yes
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by jae_rex
      Someone locally is selling a F22 VTEC motor from a 94 EX. Should I jump on this or put money into fixing the other bugs with the car i.e. electrical gremlins, lt fender, and suspension. It sounds good, but I need to get other things done as well. But for $250...what do you guys suggest? Current motor only has 80K on it, and 205K on the body.
      F22B1's are really kinda pathetic as swaps go. Horsepower wise, they are only around 150 stock (5 more than an A6). If you have the cash, I would just set it aside and start a swap fund. H22's don't have to be $1800, just keep your eyes open and check around. I got mine off of craigslist for $500, with an ECU.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

I've read that some people dont care for that motor to much i was gonna do one but then got deployed and saved a shit load of cash came back and bought the newest h22 i could find. I mean what are you looking for power or vtec?
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

i'm currently running an F22B1 vtec and believe me its not worth it, feels just like an A6 and really isnt worth the swap. I didnt do my swap my car came with it. I suggest fixing your suspension as that is one of the most critical parts of your 16 year old car

edit: i noticed in your sig that you drive an S2k and a 96 SIR and an EG 1/4 car? how can you not afford to put money into your accord i mean with the money you obviously make/or somebody else makes can put an H22 in that car easily.?
          Last edited by 92cb7accord; 02-14-2008, 05:12 PM.
          Originally posted by jboyce
          i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Actually there is another person locally selling a H22 swap for $800.00 motor only. Can I use the F22 tranny and axles from my 93 and modify the harness for the H22?
            01 AP1 (weekend cruiser)
            92 CB7 (winter beater)
            09 Ruckus
            92 MKII VR GTI
            17 Fiesta ST
            My crew SpeedeG is the featured Team Profile in vol. 5 issue 5 of S3 Magazine. Check it out.

Comment

Yes, you can. All of those details are in the sticky threads in the Swaps section.

And, for the record... the F22B1 is a piece of crap motor.

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                F22B1's are really kinda pathetic as swaps go. Horsepower wise, they are only around 150 stock (5 more than an A6). If you have the cash, I would just set it aside and start a swap fund. H22's don't have to be $1800, just keep your eyes open and check around. I got mine off of craigslist for $500, with an ECU.

Correct me if im wrong, but i looked it up and i think the f22b is rated at 140Hp. The A6 is rated the same. My girl had a f22b and it wont keep up with my a4/a6. Then again, hers is auto....

Comment

Make sure you state F22B1. It will throw people off just mentioning f22b for some people. The JDM F22B is a different story.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you mean like me? lol. I was so unimpressed with the motor, i never even looked at the the whole serial #.

Comment

Yeah, id stay with ur a6 and just put money towards other stuff. That H22 sounds like a good deal.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                        i'm currently running an F22B1 vtec and believe me its not worth it, feels just like an A6 and really isnt worth the swap. I didnt do my swap my car came with it. I suggest fixing your suspension as that is one of the most critical parts of your 16 year old car

edit: i noticed in your sig that you drive an S2k and a 96 SIR and an EG 1/4 car? how can you not afford to put money into your accord i mean with the money you obviously make/or somebody else makes can put an H22 in that car easily.?
                        Well with most of my funds go to the other rides, the CB was just meant to be a daily driver/winter beater. I only got it for $200 and some b series parts. But after finding this site, it inspired me to do a little more. I was possibly looking into the the EX bolt-ons and the Bisimoto stage I cam instead of the swap.
                        Last edited by jae_rex; 02-15-2008, 12:42 AM. Reason: corrected text
                        01 AP1 (weekend cruiser)
                        92 CB7 (winter beater)
                        09 Ruckus
                        92 MKII VR GTI
                        17 Fiesta ST

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
                          Correct me if im wrong, but i looked it up and i think the f22b is rated at 140Hp. The A6 is rated the same. My girl had a f22b and it wont keep up with my a4/a6. Then again, hers is auto....
                          I was 5 off. the B1 is rated for 145 hp/ 147 tq. The A6 is rated for 140 Hp/142 tq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine#F22A
                          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                          X