Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ground Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Wires

BLUE GROUND WIRE

-Item is Brand New
    -Starting adeptness, response and throttle response improved.
    -Fuel consumption reduced.
    -Engine Stablized at high RPM.
    -7 Ground Wires, aluminum plate connector, aluminum battery head and all necessary screws and mounting plates and installation guide included.

So, the question:
    How does grounding your car help at all... I just dont understand it.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

power is like a loop. you need positive and negitive to make soemthing work right? well lets say u got a good positive and a faulty negivie, you have resistance and then you have less power.

basically after the years the old factory grounds gets rusty and dirty and are ineficient. upgrading and also adding a few more helps.

open to interpretation though.

on my 86 300zx my factory ground sucked and always had low voltage, after the ground wire upgrade it went up alot!

i just used spare wire from amp kits i installed plus a new COOL terminal and called it a day.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Huh... but... electric goes to spark plug where its self grounded... I just dont quite get the reasoning for grounding.
      My Car

Comment

it completes the path of electricity.

think of it this way. a speaker. you hook up positive and no negitive and waht do you get? nothing right....

so when you apply negitive you get sound right, thats cause the cycle is completled. that isnt probaby what exactly happens but you get my drift.

power needs a circle to complete just BECAUSE it does.

you cant get laid without a woman right? exactly
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

lol. How hard is it to hook up a ground wire kit? is it a replace job, or a mod job?
          My Car

Comment

i personalyl wouldnt do all 7 wires but maybe add three.

add another one from battery to chassis, engine to chassis and one from the intake manifold to engine or transmission to chassis.

intake manifold because it doesnt directly touch the cylinder head (seperates via gasket)
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

electricity consists of a few different measureable properties. Voltage, Current, and Resistance.

Voltage would be what your system requires to run. Most cars/trucks run on a 12 volt system. on average the stuff in your car will work down to about 11 volts. and the most can max out at 14.4v but thats rare.

Current aka Amperage is the amount of electricity flowing through the wire.

Resistance is the amount of current lost across a circuit.

Check out the12volt.com there are guides on electrical theory that could help you.

But basically i usually explain current flow like water through a hose.

Water would be your voltage, current would be the amount of water flow through your hose (which would be the wire) and resistance would be the amount water that is slowed down through the hose.

So how this relates to your ground wires you ask?

Just imagine trying to cram a 3/4" hose through a pump and have a 1/4" hose on the other side.. your going to loose flow, lose flow, lose power, lose power... shit dont work right!

Plus over time and use wires loose some of their luster and dont transer the current as well. Rust can also inhibit performance (also create engine noise) along with corrosion (alsi causes engine noise).

But my rant has gone on long enough, ive drank most a slurpee and ate too many doritos... im high as hell and if this was hard to understand i apologize but i can answer almost any electrical question you guys may have.

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

what would be a good gauge wire to run for all this?

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                  i can answer almost any electrical question you guys may have.
                  how do i make my car electric?

heheh

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                    electricity consists of a few different measureable properties. Voltage, Current, and Resistance.

Voltage would be what your system requires to run. Most cars/trucks run on a 12 volt system. on average the stuff in your car will work down to about 11 volts. and the most can max out at 14.4v but thats rare.

Current aka Amperage is the amount of electricity flowing through the wire.

Resistance is the amount of current lost across a circuit.

Check out the12volt.com there are guides on electrical theory that could help you.

But basically i usually explain current flow like water through a hose.

Water would be your voltage, current would be the amount of water flow through your hose (which would be the wire) and resistance would be the amount water that is slowed down through the hose.

So how this relates to your ground wires you ask?

Just imagine trying to cram a 3/4" hose through a pump and have a 1/4" hose on the other side.. your going to loose flow, lose flow, lose power, lose power... shit dont work right!

Plus over time and use wires loose some of their luster and dont transer the current as well. Rust can also inhibit performance (also create engine noise) along with corrosion (alsi causes engine noise).

But my rant has gone on long enough, ive drank most a slurpee and ate too many doritos... im high as hell and if this was hard to understand i apologize but i can answer almost any electrical question you guys may have.
                    why does my camry's fuse for the taillights keep blowing out?

sometimes if i open the trunk and fiddle the wires around and put a new fuse it will work for a while then just blow it again when i start the vehicle.

ive already checked the grounds and all my bulbs work.

just PM an answer if you feel like replying
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the other i was at a dyno meet, they used some jumper cables as grounds and it picked up 1hp and 1tq at the hubs becuase it was on a dynapack

Comment

On our cb7's, would we replace our ground wires with an aftermarket, or would we stick an aftermarket on in addition to the OEM ones?
                        My Car

Comment

don't replace put in series
                          scion Tc
                          HONDA FIT

Comment

Originally posted by 94Si
                            don't replace put in series
                            so use the old as well as the new?
                            Anyone think $25 is too cheap for:

-Item is Brand New
                            -7 Ground Wires, aluminum plate connector, aluminum battery head and all necessary screws and mounting plates and installation guide included.
                            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                              so use the old as well as the new?
                              Anyone think $25 is too cheap for:

-Item is Brand New

Doesn't sound like a bad price, all in all. Basically, all that's in a grounding kit is some 4 gauge wire with nice terminals and (sometimes) a plate that you are supposed to connect them all to.

Really, the question is: Can you get a couple of feet of 2-6 ga wire and some terminals for under $25? Cause that is all you need. If you just get the wire, all you have to do is pull the old ground cables off, make a new one the same length, and put the new one on. No biggie.
                              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                              X