Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 96 accord (IZY)

Looks like a good starting point!

I'm gonna give you a couple of suggestions right off the bat that might help you avoid some trouble down the road. I see a couple of red wires coming off the positive terminal at the battery. First off, feed those through that rubber cover so you can put the cover over the terminal.

Second off, and MUCH more important, the wire that is running between the metal hold down, and the battery, MOVE IT! That is a positive wire, and the metal hold down is grounded. When (and it WILL happen) the insulation on that wire gets cut / chaffed through, and the wire comes into contact with the metal hold down, it's not going to be pretty, and could screw up the computer, alternator, battery, and anything else electrical that is running at the time. Re-route that away from the metal hold down so it will stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
      Looks like a good starting point!

I'm gonna give you a couple of suggestions right off the bat that might help you avoid some trouble down the road. I see a couple of red wires coming off the positive terminal at the battery. First off, feed those through that rubber cover so you can put the cover over the terminal.

Second off, and MUCH more important, the wire that is running between the metal hold down, and the battery, MOVE IT! That is a positive wire, and the metal hold down is grounded. When (and it WILL happen) the insulation on that wire gets cut / chaffed through, and the wire comes into contact with the metal hold down, it's not going to be pretty, and could screw up the computer, alternator, battery, and anything else electrical that is running at the time. Re-route that away from the metal hold down so it will stay safe.
      Alright man thanks ill get on that lol i been ignoring those wires for a while now lol

Comment

Tom I love you mang! You are the only one that I see on this
        board that doesn't say useless shit. Thanks for all your great informative
        talk.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Thanks much for the kudos bro!

I came here because, after working on old school small block chevy's pretty much my entire life, I bought a CD5, and was CLUELESS

This version of the boards doesn't have all the members from our home board, and that has made a difference, but the guys on the CD5 boards helped me out a LOT. I've learned a ton from the guys here, and I know a lot of other stuff that isn't so Honda specific. Being able to help out others here is my way of repaying for all the help I have been given. My car still looks like a turd, but the mechanical stuff is coming together very nicely now, and it wouldn't have come any where near this far in the year and a half I've owned it without all the help I've gotten from the boards. There are lots of great guys here on the boards!

Comment

Tom's an O.G. (old grandpa haha)

the rest of us CD5 O.G.'s need to start coming back out of hiding. I blame the big crash of our site.... but Deeve is gonna start us over so well be back!

Comment

nice bro

Comment

O.G. huh . . . I'm not quite that old yet, no grand children, probably got a few more years before that happens. It probably is fair to say that I'm older than most of the guys here though.

Comment

Well being older is a good thing on this board. I read many post on the
                  cb7 sider where someone has a question. And another member says
                  "well, why don't you do this? " To me it makes me mad because its like,
                  why don't you just answer this guys question? Or don't post at all....

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited View Post
                    Well being older is a good thing on this board. I read many post on the
                    cb7 sider where someone has a question. And another member says
                    "well, why don't you do this? " To me it makes me mad because its like,
                    why don't you just answer this guys question? Or don't post at all....
                    Well now I know who to go with when I need help on anything on my CD

Comment

One thing is nearly certain, any problem you might come across, there is likely someone here that has already dealt with it, and can offer some advice.

Comment

dude.. you got to fix that banged up hood..

Comment

TomQuick, I guess I got you beat in the age department! Got one grand daughter and another on the way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 112Ben View Post
                            dude.. you got to fix that banged up hood..
                            yeah i know its all getting fix pretty soon

Comment

'grats vader! I'm probably old enough to have a grandchild, just lucky enough that I don't have any yet. However, with three kids, it's pretty likely that I'll have grand kids eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X