how to seperate tranny from motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
    yeah like someone said you need a wrench to fit on the crank pulley opposite the tranny or the "front" of the engine, you need to support the tranny, i would take the whole fucker out, definately losen every motor mount if your trying to keep the tranny inyou can still undo all the mounts just put some bricks or wood under to keep it in place, you want to be able to wiggle everything alot.

you'll need to get to where you can reach those 10mm bolts and unscrew them, eventually you will need that wrench on the crank to turn the torque converter to get to all the screws, once that comes off its pretty easy, im not to sure about autos its been so long, but I think the torque converter has fluid in it so dont spill it i think mine once spilled out. after you take the torque converter out i would lower the tranny and angle (from facing the front of the car) the left side of the tranny down, and hopefully your using a lift to pull the motor out angle the right side of the tranny up, you have to remove the tranny mount to do it. sometimes it gets tight, I think the cd5 bay is a little easier to work in im not too familiar with my cd5.

then once you put the new motor in i put the torque converter back on my motor when i only swapped engines and then i lowered the torque converter side in first and angled the transmission so as if the entire assembly was sitting lke this before it went in [ / ] then turn it like this [---] its a tight squeeze but you should be alright.

like i said im not an expert on autos maybe putting the engine in next to the tranny and stick the torque converter back up in there might be the easier way but i dont think so.

edit: OH and who ever the hell told u to take the torque converter offwhile the engine is still on@ WTF! thats just... retarded.

if your having trouble prying it, you need to lift the right side of the engine and lower the left side of the entire thing where the tranny is, you want gravity to help you pull them apart. i hope ur using an engine lift. the tranny wont seperate with the engine if they are horizontal with the ground its got to be at an angle like i said. remove all motor mounts too. and anything that would hang or get in the way of you getting a good angle on it.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    Its out of the car right? Make sure you took off all of the engine-tranny bolts. I missed one or two the first time I tried to separate the engine and tranny, Honda likes to put them in strategic places.
    yea i did all of that except i had a little problem, there was a hidden bolt right behind the rear mount bracket that we missed and while trying to pry them apart we broke the surrounding area around that bolt. It wasnt much just the end part and piece of the edge from tranny case, took piece to a trasnmission shop and they said its not that bad, he said we can get some kinda cement adhesive for engines/trannies that would make a solid bond, i kinda thought the same but not sure. gonna post some pics later on and you guys tell me if its something that can be glued back on....right now we just swaped the wire harness (new motor had it cut from jy)

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
      yea i did all of that except i had a little problem, there was a hidden bolt right behind the rear mount bracket that we missed and while trying to pry them apart we broke the surrounding area around that bolt. It wasnt much just the end part and piece of the edge from tranny case, took piece to a trasnmission shop and they said its not that bad, he said we can get some kinda cement adhesive for engines/trannies that would make a solid bond, i kinda thought the same but not sure. gonna post some pics later on and you guys tell me if its something that can be glued back on....right now we just swaped the wire harness (new motor had it cut from jy)
      Damn!!! yeah I snagged some shit when I pulled my first motor so no worries. I only have on word for you:

JB Weld

actualy thats too. but JB weld will fix all your problems. my friend had a stripped tie rod, and I jb welded it on, and he drove on it like that for two months till his wheel snapped off on the highway. I told him it was only to get him to school until we could fix it later that day, but hes like " well if it works then it works" fucking retard.
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
        Damn!!! yeah I snagged some shit when I pulled my first motor so no worries. I only have on word for you:

JB Weld

actualy thats too. but JB weld will fix all your problems. my friend had a stripped tie rod, and I jb welded it on, and he drove on it like that for two months till his wheel snapped off on the highway. I told him it was only to get him to school until we could fix it later that day, but hes like " well if it works then it works" fucking retard.
        lol. its a piece about 4 inchs long and the widest part is where bolt goes and its about half an inch or an inch in width, guess we will put it on with jb weld or something and see how long it will last, he is in tight spot right now and just needs a ride

us making mean faces while taking engine out....im the one with big bald head XD
        Last edited by JaberCB7; 03-06-2010, 11:29 PM.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
        X