Error Code P0401

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Code P0401

Hi, I just recently got my 96 Accord, and have been driving it around a bit. The other day I noticed the check engine light has been on, so I got my friend over to my house with his Diagnostics reader and It gave me a P0401 error code. I know what the code means, and a guy at autozone told me how to fix it. The thing is, there are three different things in the engine relating to the EGR and I don't know which one to look at. Is there anybody here that has pictures or a video detailing how to clean the valve and which valve to clean? I did a search of the forums and only found two threads, but no pictures. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Well for the EGR code (Im used to OBD1) OBD2 isnt much different.
    Does it state EGR Valve Lift sensor?
    You want to start checking things starting from the furthest from the engine.
    Theres a vacuum line coming from the EGR right? Can you feel a vacuum when you unplug it? When you rev it can you feel a vacuum?
    If you get a vacuum, then replace the EGR Valve.
    If you dont get a vacuum, check the EGR Lift Valve connector, I found on my Accord somehow the vacuum line fell off the Lift diaphram, that caused my CEL. Not sure if the OBD2 has a Lift Diaphram though...

There should be a reference diagrahm under the hood.
    Last edited by CB7Man; 03-22-2010, 12:38 AM.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

is your car a v6 or 4cyl.?
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

I have the 4cyl Vtec

Comment

Working...
        X