Question about repair prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about repair prices...

Alright... I went to a local auto body repair shop and got an estimate on some dents, quarter panel rust and paint... The first place I went to said that it would be a waste of his and my time because it would cost me more than the car is worth... NO SHIT... Anyway... He blew me off... Went to the next place and the guy was really cool and understood that this is a project and knows where my heart is with this car... Anyway, he told me that he would do the rust on both sides for around 1200, dents wouldn't be more than a few hundred and the paint would probably be around 2000 depending on the color I decide to go with... OEM colors being less expensive... But when he paints he disassembles the entire car (doors come off, door panels, seats and carpet) so that the paint looks factory... So is 3k a decent price for the work? Not planning on doing it till Fall probably... Gotta get the car running right first... Let me know guys... Thanks

Kenny
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Do you guys think it'd be better for me to just do some reading and get the stuff I'll need to do it myself? I'm more of a DIY guy and would love to learn new stuff like body repair... But hate the idea of tearing into something and not being able to do it 100% perfect...

Comment

Noone has anything for me?

Comment

i wouldn't pay more than $1000 of bodywork on my car but that's me..

but DIY is what its all about..

get someone locally to help you fix the rust..weld new metal and fix the dents

primmer it..

and just take it somewhere to get it spray..

wouldn't be that much i guess

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Where would I find a DIY walkthrough for quarter panel replacement and painting?

Comment

i think the paint is worht it because he takes the parts off and makes the car look like the car just came out of the factory but thats my IMO
            The most influential people have influential friends i have none but peer pressure!!!

Comment

The lake irie trading post sells new rear quarter panels for around 50 each shipped so $100 for both. My guess is that he would charge you at least 300-500 just for that.
              One Day At A Time
              "Honda Connaisseur"
              1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
              1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
              1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
              1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
              1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
              1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
              Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
              Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Working...
              X