• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cf fuel door

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...3286.m14.l1318

what do ul thank of this

The Race Car

I would rock it if my car was black, otherwise it would just mismatched.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

yea or if i had a cf hood

The Race Car

Comment

I'd rock it, but I have a white cb and the contrast looks good to me.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
          I would rock it if my car was black, otherwise it would just mismatched.
          It comes in; (taken from the auction) "BLACK, RED, BLUE, YELLOW, ORANGE, GREEN, AND SILVER (Texcel Hexalium)"..

I'd pass on it. It's an OEM (metal) door with carbon fiber wrapped around it. It adds weight to your cb7 and, while the extra weight is minimal, the point of using carbon fiber parts, rather than metal, is weight reduction.. unless you sport a show car, then aesthetics come into play and the $80 price tag might be worth it to you.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
          Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
          Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
          [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Because, the stock plasic gas cover weighs sooo much.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
              Because, the stock plasic gas cover weighs sooo much.

If you had read my entire post, you would see that I stated exactly what you just said, without the immature sarcasm you chose to display

-mak

PS: My gas door is metal, not plastic.
              Last edited by mak; 06-28-2008, 06:54 AM.

Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
              [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

lol, why on earth would people choose that of all part to make outta carbon fiber? its what the mexicans would rice out on their cars here in AZ i'm thinking.

LOL, the thought of someone putting this on, its like a 6 inch square of CF. How much weight could this actually save. I mean just the thought of this....its pointless.

It would match my CF hood though, but naaa.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

it would look good if my hood was cf....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
                    If you had read my entire post, you would see that I stated exactly what you just said, without the immature sarcasm you chose to display

-mak

PS: My gas door is metal, not plastic.
                    Mines a 91 also, its plastic.
                    wat?

Comment

I like it i've had one for a few yrs
                      Freedom Is Not Free
                      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
                        It comes in; (taken from the auction) "BLACK, RED, BLUE, YELLOW, ORANGE, GREEN, AND SILVER (Texcel Hexalium)"..

I'd pass on it. It's an OEM (metal) door with carbon fiber wrapped around it. It adds weight to your cb7 and, while the extra weight is minimal, the point of using carbon fiber parts, rather than metal, is weight reduction.. unless you sport a show car, then aesthetics come into play and the $80 price tag might be worth it to you.

-mak
                        actually its not for the sake of saving weight its just for looks. lots of people have them. i used to have one. and my stock door was plastic and so was the carbon fiber door. its not the stock door with a carbon overlay. you cannot just say stuff about something by just looking at it.
                        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                          actually its not for the sake of saving weight its just for looks. lots of people have them. i used to have one. and my stock door was plastic and so was the carbon fiber door. its not the stock door with a carbon overlay. you cannot just say stuff about something by just looking at it.
                          It says right in the auction that it's a stock door with CF overlay.. maybe you should have read the auction

Earlier, when I was referring to weight reduction, I meant hoods, trunks, fenders, etc.. people generally don't swap out parts for carbon fiber replacements for looks.. especially on a 16-18 year old car, where the money could be better spent if looks was all they were after.

-mak

EDIT:

eBay Item number: 300235678654

On that note; since these things are so popular, setup a group buy to save a few bucks on that ridiculously expensive gas door. It says right in the auction that they'll consider group buys.
                          Last edited by mak; 06-30-2008, 06:19 PM.

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

doesnt look bad. it would have a nice-ish contrast on a white cb with a carbon hood.

Comment

"Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                              X