black chrome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black chrome...

I was wondering if any of you knew if it is possible to get your emblems, and metal trim on the outside chromed in black. Lexus, I think has an option to get their emblems black chromed. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

it is a dealer option, but why give them rapists money? get some semi-gloss black in a spray can, and some clear enamel and you'll be = to the dealer option.

or pick whatever colors you want, but i think black + a clear would bring you up very close to the factory black chrome emblems.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Actually, as I work for a Lexus dealership...or as I was so colourfully referred to as a Rapist (you dick nothing happens unstil a car i sold and guess what...they are sold at dealerships), the dealer option is called an anodized emblem package...and unlike the cheezy way of doing things (painting) it will never corrode, rust, chip, crack or scratch...so if you are serious about getting an ANADIZED emblem package, I can contact the company which does them for Lexus, and in quire about the possibility of Honda emblems.
      If you can't hear it before you can see it...It's not worth it.
      The Pop Tarts guy says: BAAAAAAAAAAYUM!
      But Lil' Jon says: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAYUH!...and OKAAAAAAAYEH!
      EATSLEEPDRIVE

Comment

Originally posted by bradvb
        colourfully
        Please do not spell in Canadian
        Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 10-09-2004, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bradvb
          .....the dealer option is called an anodized emblem package...so if you are serious about getting an ANADIZED emblem package.....

is it anodized or anadized?

Comment

Anodized, sorry, slip of the fingers...
            If you can't hear it before you can see it...It's not worth it.
            The Pop Tarts guy says: BAAAAAAAAAAYUM!
            But Lil' Jon says: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAYUH!...and OKAAAAAAAYEH!
            EATSLEEPDRIVE

Comment

Painting stuff is not cheasy if you do it right, and you're wrong anodized finishes can and will get scratches on them. Powdercoating is what is hard to scratch. Nothing is impossible to scratch the color off of, unless and only unless it has no finish on it and the color it appears is the color of the metal!

Also don't take him saying dealers are rapists so personally. Most of the time parts at the dealer are very expensive. I can only imagine prices at the Lexus dealership. I'm sure he didn't direct his comment directly towards you.

Painting it black is not going to bring you anywhere close to black chrome though.
              Last edited by 90protege; 10-10-2004, 05:47 PM.
              1990 Protege SE DOHC swap
              1991 Accord DX Coupe
              1992 Accord LX

Comment

Originally posted by 90protege
                Painting stuff is not cheasy if you do it right, and you're wrong anodized finishes can and will get scratches on them. Powdercoating is what is hard to scratch. Nothing is impossible to scratch the color off of, unless and only unless it has no finish on it and the color it appears is the color of the metal!

Also don't take him saying dealers are rapists so personally. Most of the time parts at the dealer are very expensive. I can only imagine prices at the Lexus dealership. I'm sure he didn't direct his comment directly towards you.

Painting it black is not going to bring you anywhere close to black chrome though.
                well i used a semi-gloss krylon, and my grill looks similar to black chrome.

but honestly dude, bradvb, grow up man. when i meant dealers are rapists that means their pricing. you are not a dealer, you work for a dealer, so why you getting all defensive. i meant no harm buddy.
                '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Working...
                X