Door Swap....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Swap....

Alright, I may need new doors before paint, but I'm not sure if I do yet.

Anyways, I was just wondering if I can use ANY coupe door and swap the door panel over, or if I'll have to find another one with all the power options. I was thinking I could just swap the door panels over, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Im pretty sure if you want to keep all the power stuff, you will need a door from the same model...cuz I think the door frames and panels are different for the power windows, locks and mirrors

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Yeah, like maybe the mounting brackets of the panels are different, not sure though.

Comment

You guys think so? Damn it. It's hard enough finding a coupe with clean doors, but now I might have to find one with power options too.

Comment

best thing to do bro is just use your same door panels just re-upholster them... its really not as hard as it looks... it just takes a little time and some patience thats all....
          DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

i think you can use any coupe door. you have to use ur inner door panel
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

if i understand the question properly it's yes. to the best of my knowledge the door itself is the same all the power locks and windows are made to go in either . my wagon all the doors that were replaced are non power originally and my car is power everything. i have converted them over. got to switch everything, wiring and part of the window track will get in the way so it all comes out but all the slots and holes should be there for the power components in the manual door. hope this helps
              96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
                i think you can use any coupe door. you have to use ur inner door panel
                Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
                if i understand the question properly it's yes. to the best of my knowledge the door itself is the same all the power locks and windows are made to go in either . my wagon all the doors that were replaced are non power originally and my car is power everything. i have converted them over. got to switch everything, wiring and part of the window track will get in the way so it all comes out but all the slots and holes should be there for the power components in the manual door. hope this helps
                Alright sweet! That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Working...
                X