Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening headlights to blackhouse with a heat gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening headlights to blackhouse with a heat gun?

I was just wondering if I could use a heat gun or any other method to open up headlights to blackhouse them instead of having to put them in the oven? I only have one oven and I like the way my food tastes how it is right now

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

yeah a heat gun will work just fine...I used one to open up my jdm headlights, but they should work for the glass headlights too. it will just take longer to heat up the whole thing, make sure you have some flat head screwdrivers too, you can use them to pry open the lense...but be careful

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
      yeah a heat gun will work just fine...I used one to open up my jdm headlights, but they should work for the glass headlights too. it will just take longer to heat up the whole thing, make sure you have some flat head screwdrivers too, you can use them to pry open the lense...but be careful
      Thank you. Thats all I needed to know

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

Cooking headlights in the oven makes your food taste different...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          nope it doesnt
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Hm, I'll be damned.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              nope it doesnt
              Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              shiiiiiiitttt jaA!

then i ould have been fucked
              cuz ive done over 60 black housing
              food still tastes the same
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                the smell......
                though I did used heat gun also..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

bringing this thread back alliiiiiiiiiiiiive!
                  im doing a retrofit soon on my usdm headlights. my oven is broken would you guys think a heat gun rated at 750F would be too hot? i dont want to melt anything.
                  Also how would i evenly distribute the heat? so that the lenses will come off clean and not having one side hot and the other cool. if that makes sense

Thanks!

^MRT^

Comment

I have used a heat gun for opening up headlights. Start by making even
                    passes back and forth across the top, bottom and sides. Don't have it too
                    close to where it starts melting the plastic. Then with a flathead screwdriver
                    start at one part and slowly start prying on it while keeping some heat on it.
                    It will take some time and don't try to rush it especially with glass, I have
                    done this with one-pieces and it came out fine.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                      I'll confirm this strategy. It works just fine if you stick to his guidelines. i still prefer an over though...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                        same here, i use a heat gun.. just be careful that you dont melt the plastic (clips) that holds the base and the front part.. and you will be good.. i kind of used a knife too but be very careful specially with one picers.
                        AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                        JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Working...
                        X