Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

body work ahead, some opinions necessary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body work ahead, some opinions necessary.

well i was quoted 1500, for the following:

-rust removal
    -window trim blackout
    -emblem removal w/required filling/sanding
    -trunk leak repair, and rust treatment on the left side trunk floor
    -full paint job (3 clear coats)
    -painted moulding
    -dent removal

thats about it.

i plan on using 2 aftermarket fenders and i just put an aftermarket bumper, you know the oe-like ones. fitment, is that an issue? because it looks like the bumper sags alittle but that could be due to the fenders being fux0red.

speak on it, guys & gals.
    thanks.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

price sounds to good to be true. just remember you get what u pay for. and for all that u better be careful. the paint job alone should cost more than $1500 for a nicely done job. good luck hope u get what u want.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
      price sounds to good to be true. just remember you get what u pay for. and for all that u better be careful. the paint job alone should cost more than $1500 for a nicely done job. good luck hope u get what u want.
      Mayb he gots the hook ups . But yeah price seems to good to be true for a quality job. Do u know the reputation of the person doing the work? if not get some feed backs, ask around
      U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

Originally posted by JailBa8
        Mayb he gots the hook ups . But yeah price seems to good to be true for a quality job. Do u know the reputation of the person doing the work? if not get some feed backs, ask around
        what he said!

Comment

actually my "cousin" went to school (apex) with him. they worked side and side in r&s strauss for about 4yrs, and my cousin has done over 10k work there, so thats why i'm receiving this price.

he will be doing my cousin's 02 maxima se, so i'll check out the work and take some pics for you guys. he said this kind of job would normally cost about 2200, but family relations eliminated alot of the labor cost.

thanks, can i please have some more opinions? i'll post more details when they come as well as when i have time (kinda busy right now).

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

can anyone tell me about the aftermarket parts? is fitment good? did i not install the bumper properly? let me know.. its stressing me out.

Prev CBs:
            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
            -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Hey! I used an aftermarket fender on my car after my little accident, and it looks great. it was only $45 shipped off ebay. Door clearence isn't exactly what it should be (it varies a little) but over all I'd say it looks really good, and all the holes lined up just right.

How much does the bumper sag? is it only one side? Pics? Mine sags a little (maybe 1/8 inch) because it was a bitch to hold up while I bolted it in.
              Last edited by two.point.two; 11-03-2004, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I painted mine my self and just for supplys and paint it was $800 n i had all the neccecery tools. and it took forever that price even from a relative sounds crazy.look at my body work.Yes its the same car!!! I think 1,500 will get u a non ppg paint job with no body work. i used after market fenders they work great as for your bumper hanging on the sides do u have the screw and plastic piece latched to the fender?

Last edited by 4doorex93; 11-10-2004, 07:53 PM.

Comment

thats a looota bondo.

silver looks good though!
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by 4doorex93
                    I painted mine my self and just for supplys and paint it was $800 n i had all the neccecery tools. and it took forever that price even from a relative sounds crazy.look at my body work.Yes its the same car!!! I think 1,500 will get u a non ppg paint job with no body work. i used after market fenders they work great as for your bumper hanging on the sides do u have the screw and plastic piece latched to the fender?
                    yeah but both the fenders are fux0red, so i'm guessing thats whats causing the droop.

1500 for a non ppg? damn i wanted ppg paint actually, and i need body work, mainly on the left side.

but i'm tryin to see if my guy can lower the price a little more, to help me pay for (fenders, door moulding, driver's door weatherstripping, and trunk weatherstripping).

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Working...
                    X