specific paint for wheels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

specific paint for wheels??

Ok i got some EX 7 spoke wheels I want to paint ... is there a specific paint I should use for wheels?

I am going to clean them up real good and mask off the tires and spray can them ... I was debating on bronze, black, or red

I already have black rota slips so that narrows it down to bronze or red

bronze
    80.00%
    red
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

all these views and a few poll people and no one knows what type of paint i need to use for wheels? lol

Comment

They have a wheel paint that you can buy in stores. Just make sure you get them sanded down real good.
      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

dude dont rattle can your rims. the finish wont last and wont look all that great. in my opinion get them professionaly done, i would powdercoat them white in my opinion....

Comment

thanks for the information ... ill see how much the local shop charges to paint them

Comment

Originally posted by deapost View Post
            dude dont rattle can your rims. the finish wont last and wont look all that great. in my opinion get them professionaly done, i would powdercoat them white in my opinion....
            It is perfectly fine to rattle can rims if time is taken and everything is sanded down nice. A couple coats of clear over the paint and they will last a long time, unless of course you hit curbs but then again, even if you hit curbs with a powder coated rim its going to chip it up.

Here is a website that sells rim paints:
            http://www.expresspaint.com/productc...p?idCategory=5

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

go red with white walled tires.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                go red with white walled tires.

love the look, but doesn't really suit anything past mid 60's.

out of the 2 colors, i'd go bronze....

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

I got those same rims,took them off my girls cd5... I'm going to paint them white. But out of those two colors your thinking, I guess I would go wit bronze and leave the center caps off
                  ACCORDEX92
                  CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

you should add an "other" color in the poll...neither of those will look good
                    ____

Comment

thanks for all the feedback ... i do like the idea of the red with whitewall tires ... it would fall into the rat rod category then with that set up ... but i am actually selling these rims today ... someone on the sight needed a new set of rims since he cracked 2 of his ... so we worked a deal and im going to meet him today

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92 View Post
                        thanks for all the feedback ... i do like the idea of the red with whitewall tires ... it would fall into the rat rod category then with that set up ... but i am actually selling these rims today ... someone on the sight needed a new set of rims since he cracked 2 of his ... so we worked a deal and im going to meet him today
                        dang,, i was hoping to see it become ratrice... it's all good.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                        X