rolling fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rolling fenders

so i have this problem with my rear driver side tire, everytime i pass over a bump fast, the tire rubs against the car...and its only that side. i want to lower my car but i need to fix this first or else its going to be rubbing all the time. people have told me that i need to "roll" my fenders...what is this exactly? how much would this cost me? thanks for the help

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

i saw somewhere where you could just use a baseball bat and stick it up in between the tire and the car and kinda pry it out. Maybe search for it somewhere, i remember seeing a diy for it with an integra, but my memory might be fuzzy.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

i have seen a nice DIY for it its easy like all you do is put a baseball in and roll it and it bends it up evenly and nicely, il try and find it for ya and post it..

Comment

well if your car is lowered . jack your car up a bit.. use a heat gun to heat up the area that you will be rolling heat it up nice then just take the baseball bat.. use your tire as leverage and start bending the fender

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

pics for reference

http://www.andrews.edu/~johnsonm/howto/rollfender.html

Comment

thanks for the link...i needed something like that as a referance. i'll be doing it next weekend especially since i just ordered a set of tein stech springs. thanks again everybody for all the help

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

up from the dead! yes i know. I found some helpful info for those wanting to roll their fenders. I was in the same situations since i upgraded to 215's from 205's and my dad hit my rear passenger side fender and pushed it in a bit. so here goes.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...rticle_id=3511
              BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                up from the dead! yes i know. I found some helpful info for those wanting to roll their fenders. I was in the same situations since i upgraded to 215's from 205's and my dad hit my rear passenger side fender and pushed it in a bit. so here goes.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...rticle_id=3511
                i think this one's a lot better, given that it incorparates the use of a proper fender rolling tool. that's not to say that a baseball bat won't cut it, but it's very inexact.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Baseball bats!! Someone's been watching too much Monster Garage!!! Oh, and I believe the mod you are looking to complete is refered to as a Fender Grind.
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i wouldn't try either of these methods. i've tried the basball bat method and the paint cracked! i would imagine the same with elliot's link. i just trimmed the inner fender lip with a cutoff wheel. you get better clearance and you keep the paint fresh.

ramiro, is it rubbing bad? try to remove that rubber liner first and see if it's still rubbing. that liner adds a few mm and removing it can add some clearance. you might not need to roll the fenders at all. good luck bro!
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                      i wouldn't try either of these methods. i've tried the basball bat method and the paint cracked! i would imagine the same with elliot's link. i just trimmed the inner fender lip with a cutoff wheel. you get better clearance and you keep the paint fresh.
                      indeed, the paint will likely crack with any method. the more you push, the greater the chance. but it's all in the name of getting wheels and tires to fit beautifully well.

ramiro, is it rubbing bad? try to remove that rubber liner first and see if it's still rubbing. that liner adds a few mm and removing it can add some clearance. you might not need to roll the fenders at all. good luck bro!
                      the thread's from over 2 years ago... i think he may have solved the problem by now

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                      X