Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the last maaco/earl schieb/one day paint thread... (a cheap/low end paint place FAQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my earl shcieb job was 570 after some body work ont eh hood.

it was okay, overspray in a few areas and they stole dollars from my coin tray thing.

the paint shines and i did some minor bodywork. but id rather pay my friend that majors in autobody and paint. we can put hella time into masking and prepping and he has hookups on paint.
    Last edited by uncle_el; 04-12-2005, 09:31 AM.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

MAcco

there ok..... my cuzzin used to work at macco though and he told me the prep jobs are the worst lol.......... and most cops go there becuzz its a franchise and they get a big discount there..... if i had to paint my car.... i wudnt go to macco becuzz they also play around with ur car lol..... if its a nice car dunt go to macco is my advice and if u dunt care who toys around with ur car then go to macco lol ...... i personally wud go to the Italian ppl jus around the corner lol better job and quality and pricing shud be betta... im not from the states so prices are completley different for me ............ (CDN and US= big price diff )

Comment

yea i got my old 90 4dr cb7 painted bout 2 years ago there, the pics shitty but the paint job was beautiful,, it came to $1200 but it was worth it, but i dont have this car nemore

-95 JDM H22 LSD-
        -HYTECH Header-
        -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

What about jambs/underhood/trunk area?? Do they spray all of this as well, or just leave it for you to worry about??

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY
            What about jambs/underhood/trunk area?? Do they spray all of this as well, or just leave it for you to worry about??
            pay extra for jams...dont paint trunk or hood undersides...
            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              pay extra for jams...dont paint trunk or hood undersides...
              Screw that, I can shoot it myself for under $50 not including paint, and the jambs/trunk/hood will be done...all I need is paint, I have the facility. I was just thinkin of being lazy and lettin' somebody else shoot it.

My CD7 I shot...

Comment

that shit is hella nice...id consider doing it myself if i were you also.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

good job..i posted a thread about the paint on my car oxidizing and a fellow cb lover posted a link of this thread..thanks again!
                  "
                  Fast and cheap won't be reliable
                  Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                  And fast and reliable won't be cheap
                  "
                  ~EYCEE~

Comment

earl schieb special

Ok here is my 92 after it was painted by Earl Scheib in San Jose ca.. for a $400.00 paint job it came out real good. This is the 4th car they painted, and all have held up well . 2053999/2053604_6_full.jpg/2053604_5_full.jpg[/IMG]
                    sorry for the big pic
                    Last edited by sleepysal; 07-19-2005, 03:29 PM.

Comment

did you prep it before you took it to them? what kind of prepping can i do on my car if i dont have any kind of cover to work on it in...i only have my drive way to i cant really spray it with primer can i?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

my car was in fair shape, I sanded down the roof and hood, and fixed a small hole in the front bumper. When I took it in I removed the anttena,and the emblems. I wanted to take off the side mouldings, but I didn't.
                        My sugestion is to fix any dents, sand down any oxidized (sp) areas, and remove as much trim as you can.Oh and if you can slap on some old wheels and tires, this will avoid any over spray on your nice wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepysal
                          my car was in fair shape, I sanded down the roof and hood, and fixed a small hole in the front bumper. When I took it in I removed the anttena,and the emblems. I wanted to take off the side mouldings, but I didn't.
                          My sugestion is to fix any dents, sand down any oxidized (sp) areas, and remove as much trim as you can.Oh and if you can slap on some old wheels and tires, this will avoid any over spray on your nice wheels.
                          thanks...so you think i can still get a good paint job without priming it myself?

Comment

Oh for sure. The paint package I got included a primer coat.

Comment

here is my integra painted at maaco for $300 with a minor dent repair. the eclipse spyder belongs to my friend.The eclipse paint job was done for $200
                              Last edited by hak1990; 10-13-2005, 12:48 AM.

Comment

the guy at maaco told me if i really want the paint to last i should have them put another layer of clear coat on for 200 bux extra, what do you guys think of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X