Spray Can to Bottle Cap Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray Can to Bottle Cap Brush

I need to do small touchups on my car with very small and minor rock chips that are everywhere. No one around me locally that I could find even Honda themselves didn't have the paint in a brush which I used in my wagon and worked AMAZING.

I bought a spray can and it's terrible. It's meant for much larger surfaces. I would use it to paint a whole panel or something. Not a touch up which they told me I could do.

I was wondering, if there was a way to transfer the paint from the spray can to a brush bottle cap?

The spray can I have is from Carquest and is Pro Form PRO PAK FV16 Custom Filling System, but it's mixed right for my colour code: BG-30P. 0.3 pints of it. I really don't want to waste it and I'm not going to be paint a whole panel anytime soon.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
    I need to do small touchups on my car with very small and minor rock chips that are everywhere. No one around me locally that I could find even Honda themselves didn't have the paint in a brush which I used in my wagon and worked AMAZING.

I bought a spray can and it's terrible. It's meant for much larger surfaces. I would use it to paint a whole panel or something. Not a touch up which they told me I could do.

I was wondering, if there was a way to transfer the paint from the spray can to a brush bottle cap?

The spray can I have is from Carquest and is Pro Form PRO PAK FV16 Custom Filling System, but it's mixed right for my colour code: BG-30P. 0.3 pints of it. I really don't want to waste it and I'm not going to be paint a whole panel anytime soon.
    Just leave it in the can when you need to do small touch ups just spray a few times in to the cap and use a small brush, or spray it on to a piece cardboard and use that.

Comment

as soon as the paint comes out of a spray can it will begin to cure since it is catalyzed.

you should be able to get a touch up bottle from somewhere like this: www.automotivetouchup.com
      later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I've used automotivetouchup.com once years ago and will def. use them again. They did a really good arcadia green for me in both spray cans and brush bottles.

Comment

You can spray it into the cap and brush it on, but like typeG said, it catalyzes, so you need to do it in small amounts and use it quickly.

I've had to do this at work with some touch ups on cars where we only has spray cans and I had a small area to do. I sprayed it into the can and used a brush and it came out just fine for the small spots I had to do.

I also have a body supply shop here in town that will mix up touch up bottles with a brush. I think they have to do like a quart minimum and it's like $15.

Comment

I mix paint for a paint store we sell a laquar touchup for $9 or $12 for a urethane basecoat.

Shit i have over a gallon of arcadia i could pour off the 2 ounces into a touchup bottle and mail it to you

8 Accords so far:
            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Working...
            X