Depo vs TYC headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depo vs TYC headlight

Yesterday I installed brand new Depo OEM 92-93 Accord headlight and glass part is not very smooth like OEM one.
    Feels like glass needs more sanding! Also Depo logo is very largly marked on the glass. lol

So here is my question.
    How is the 92-93 Accord TYC OEM headlight quality?
    Is it same as Depo?
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

I bought 92-93 replacements off ebay, theyre eagle eye lights brand, glass lens with the lines and alignment nipples, pot metal/aluminum light buckets. shit they even came with all the bulbs. perfect fit (as much as perfect ,my front end is tweaked) 100% satisfied here and theyre were only like 100 bucks total, 80- for the lights and the rest for shipping

Comment

I got depo ones before. The reflector quality wasnt that good so the light output wasnt the same as OEM. The glass was thinner also.

I ended up going to the junkyard for some OEM ones, found a set that wasnt pitted.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        I got depo ones before. T9he reflector quality wasnt that good so the light output wasnt the same as OEM. The glass was thinner also.

I ended up going to the junkyard for some OEM ones, found a set that wasnt pitted.
        Thanks for the input.. Next I better go with Honda OEM... or TYC?
        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac View Post

Thanks for the input.. Next I better go with Honda OEM... or TYC?
          OEM good sir that's they best way to go!
          The CB7 Collector.
          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            I bought 92-93 replacements off ebay, theyre eagle eye lights brand, glass lens with the lines and alignment nipples, pot metal/aluminum light buckets. shit they even came with all the bulbs. perfect fit (as much as perfect ,my front end is tweaked) 100% satisfied here and theyre were only like 100 bucks total, 80- for the lights and the rest for shipping
            This is truth, preach on!

I vouchy.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
            X