No announcement yet.

CB9 Hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to say it... there's no "t" in hearse.

Comment

This all really depends on how far you want to take it. For the true hearse look, you are going to need to completely redo the back door. As you know, cb wagon rear doors raise up when you open them. Mostly all hearses have the back door swing out to the left or to the right. You'll have to create new hinges and new door latches and handles. Good luck.

Comment

Can you imagine driving down the road and see the back door/s open and a coffin hanging out appearing to be falling out of the car? Okay, forgive me, that's kinda strange. Or your walking thru the local car show and you see that? I just went there again.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Just to say it... there's no "t" in hearse.
          I was still waking up when I wrote that. Lol

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
          This all really depends on how far you want to take it. For the true hearse look, you are going to need to completely redo the back door. As you know, cb wagon rear doors raise up when you open them. Mostly all hearses have the back door swing out to the left or to the right. You'll have to create new hinges and new door latches and handles. Good luck.
          I had a 89 Buick wagon that the tail gate opened like a truck and sideways. It was pretty kool. I could get those hinges and fab them in. Ive done something like that on a friends wagon years ago when we turned it into a crew cab El Camino.

Comment

If you can do some welding and body work, then the hinges could most certainly be fabbed in. You'd need to take into consideration the sealing of the door, though... and the concealment of the hinges so it doesn't look like ass! It could be done, though. I'd be curious to see it.

As much as I don't care for drastic conversions, especially on relatively uncommon wagons... this would be pretty cool. It'd also suit your style perfectly.
            If you do it, make it a serious project, and go for a really polished, quality result. Don't halfass it, or it'll look absolutely terrible.

Comment

Make a fake coffin for the back and load it up with like 10 subwoofers
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you do it, make it a serious project, and go for a really polished, quality result. Don't halfass it, or it'll look absolutely terrible.
                This, please.

I'm not a big fan of the things you've done to your previous cars but you come from a different background than I do with demolition derby racing and the like. I think this project would only be cool if you made it look like a still-operable, classy hearse. If you start implementing cues from the rodder theme then it starts to look like crap and the fact that it's a cut up Accord station wagon becomes more evident. In my opinion it wouldn't even be that hard to do. You could paint the rear quarter windows from the inside and then you'd has the glossy black look. A good quality black paint job is also key. No roof rack and make sure the chrome is polished to a high luster. I wouldn't be overly concerned with the lift gate as that doesn't really make or break the project. Some simple OEM wheels with a tall tire is what you should go for for authenticity. Remove your rear seats, put curtains in the windows and you're set.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you can do some welding and body work, then the hinges could most certainly be fabbed in. You'd need to take into consideration the sealing of the door, though... and the concealment of the hinges so it doesn't look like ass! It could be done, though. I'd be curious to see it.

As much as I don't care for drastic conversions, especially on relatively uncommon wagons... this would be pretty cool. It'd also suit your style perfectly.
                  I am a welder and fabricator so the mods wont be hard for me. It already is a project car so time isnt a problem.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  This, please.

I'm not a big fan of the things you've done to your previous cars but you come from a different background than I do with demolition derby racing and the like. I think this project would only be cool if you made it look like a still-operable, classy hearse. If you start implementing cues from the rodder theme then it starts to look like crap and the fact that it's a cut up Accord station wagon becomes more evident. In my opinion it wouldn't even be that hard to do. You could paint the rear quarter windows from the inside and then you'd has the glossy black look. A good quality black paint job is also key. No roof rack and make sure the chrome is polished to a high luster. I wouldn't be overly concerned with the lift gate as that doesn't really make or break the project. Some simple OEM wheels with a tall tire is what you should go for for authenticity. Remove your rear seats, put curtains in the windows and you're set.
                  This car is a different style build already then the other CB. I did the rat rod on "Nightmare" because that car will never be a show piece since the body was totaled and all tweaked. The wagon is a strait car and worth the work going into it. Its an all or nothing build. I have a bunch of new parts for it, including new chrome and windshield, that need to be installed. My plan is hearse on the outside and custom under the hood for the wow factor. And of course it would be all black on the out side with red interior and engine bay.

Comment

Working...
                  X