Magnetic Hood Bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnetic Hood Bra

Has anyone tried one of those magnetic hood bras before? I've seen them online, but never in person. The picture below is what they look like on a CB7.

doesn't work on carbon fiber =P
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I'm guessing it's like one of these advertising magnets:

I don't see why it wouldn't work, as long as the magnet was quality, and it was installed properly. If air gets under it, it's getting ripped off of the car... but otherwise, it's a good idea. Leave it on there, and it can do damage to the paint, though. Of course, the regular bras are really no better.

Comment

Did you want the look of a clear bra or to protect your paint?

If you're looking to protect your paint try the 3m paint defender. It's a spray on clear bra that will peel off like plasti-dip.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-90000-Paint.../dp/B00BSKYM82

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post

If you're looking to protect your paint try the 3m paint defender. It's a spray on clear bra that will peel off like plasti-dip.
          Ummm, I've never seen that stuff before. THAT is awesome sick .. hmm.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Can you see this stuff when its applied?

Comment

I've seen cars with it, or something like it. Not noticeable at a distance, but 10 feet or so you can see it.

Comment

Im searching google images and cant find a good picture where you can see where its applied and where its not.

So its it dull or shiny once applied? Does it have a textured look to it?

edited- I found one.

Last edited by TAMPA; 06-18-2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's it. Looks like someone sprayed textured clearcoat on the paint.

Comment

Yeah, it is visible up close, but it isn't that noticeable.

I worked on a lexus LS that had it a while back. It isn't as nice as the real 3m clear bra, but given the price it is an affordable alternative.

Comment

It does add a glossy textured look but just slightly. Id use it. Not on my CBs, they dont have good enough paint. But my truck has fresh paint and I go mudding frequently.

Comment

My hood as several small chips in the paint. And the previous owner did a terrible job repairing it. This was just to cover those up for now. When my car gets its paint job, I'm replacing the hood.

Supposedly they have a hooked design on the leading edges of the hood and sides so they stay in place at highway speed. But yeah, they are like those magnetic signs.

I ordered one to try it out. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Comment

Magnetic hood bra came in today. It installed in minutes, and looks very nice. Fits the hood like a glove, no slack at all. And the edge really makes it nice and secure.

Overall happiness level increased.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
                            Magnetic hood bra came in today. It installed in minutes, and looks very nice. Fits the hood like a glove, no slack at all. And the edge really makes it nice and secure.

Overall happiness level increased.

I need this under my OEM leather one so it doesn't collect water when it rains!!! Good look though. Where did you find that at?
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                              I need this under my OEM leather one so it doesn't collect water when it rains!!! Good look though. Where did you find that at?
                              magnetbra.com is the website, tho this company also sells them on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X