good h.i.d kit source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    The only reason to get new headlights is to do a retrofit with no downtime. Or if you're anal like me, and you hate to modify original parts!
    Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
    Deeve hit it No Downtime. That is important if your car is your DD.

And some of the HID bulbs run $90 a piece at retorfitsource,maybe its a pair? anyway they are expensive. They are osram or phillips something like that. They are a lot more than the standard bulbs which hikes up the cost of the kit. All this shit I do to my car takes time. Time is money. You pay for it on the front end or labor on the back end doing it again.

steve

ok. good point on the no down time.

buy headlights.

order retrofit from theretrofitsourse.com

order HID kit from xtremeHIDS.com(they run $65-90 for the whole kit). bulbs are cheap if you ever need one. which i doubt you will. ive had two kits and never had an issue over 4yrs.

Comment

Both my 2 retro's I've done have been on spare sets of headlights. I don't recommend doing the stock ones just in case something happens to the ones your modifying. Plus its always good to have a stock spare for just in case times.
      It also doesn't matter if its a DD or not. Don't be cheap, buy a new/used set to modify!!!
      Last edited by lilb_1979; 08-18-2013, 11:19 AM.
      Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
      CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
      Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        ok. good point on the no down time.

buy headlights.

order retrofit from theretrofitsourse.com

order HID kit from xtremeHIDS.com(they run $65-90 for the whole kit). bulbs are cheap if you ever need one. which i doubt you will. ive had two kits and never had an issue over 4yrs.
        Yeah, I've never blown a bulb, and I've had mine for a very long time (and they were used when I got them.) They last forever.

Even the cheap kits aren't that bad these days. A full cheap HID kit is less than a set of Silverstar bulbs. If it lasts a year, that's not all that bad! $35 a year for lighting?

Comment

Deeve hit it No Downtime. That is important if your car is your DD.

And some of the HID bulbs run $90 a piece at retorfitsource,maybe its a pair? anyway they are expensive. They are osram or phillips something like that. They are a lot more than the standard bulbs which hikes up the cost of the kit. All this shit I do to my car takes time. Time is money. You pay for it on the front end or labor on the back end doing it again.

steve
          Your looking at the wrong bulbs if your getting the h1 kit. The higher end h1 xb35 (or something like that) bulbs from trs are only $70 and that's for the pair

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Your right. My price was for the D2s. The high end bulb for those are extra $150.
            I emailed them a while ago and they suggested the H1 for my lights and they also said to stick with the 35w.

steve

Comment

Your right. My price was for the D2s. The high end bulb for those are extra $150.
              I emailed them a while ago and they suggested the H1 for my lights and they also said to stick with the 35w.

steve
              yeah that's what I did. next time I do a retro ill probably do their D2S

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Yeah, I've never blown a bulb, and I've had mine for a very long time (and they were used when I got them.) They last forever.

Even the cheap kits aren't that bad these days. A full cheap HID kit is less than a set of Silverstar bulbs. If it lasts a year, that's not all that bad! $35 a year for lighting?
                Do you have any specific ebay sellers in mind? I wanna try this

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
                Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
                RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
                "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
                "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Just more food for thought. I think these are the next best bang for your buck after the $30 ebay specials. Very well built, 3 year warranty, and awesome customer service.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...1&s=automotive

Comment

I purchased the Mini H1 kit from retrofitsource. I recieved it the next day. I did have a question during the intstall. I called, Zach answered on the second ring and was very helpful and patient, bc I didn't get what he was saying at first.

They made this a very easy install. All the info on their site is very helpful. I did order the butyl tape to reseal the headlights. I bet I could do ten more retrofits and still have some left.

I am very happy with my purchase. Even knowing there are cheaper kits out there.

steve

Comment

Working...
                    X