Acura map light install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura map light install

Hey everyone I got a map light and wiring harness from a acura Tl today and want to install it. Before I go ahead and cut a hole in my headliner (I have a sunroof so the headliner is defiantly different than the non sunroof one) I just want to know if there is enough clearance in the center between the visor's to install the speakers and the light flush with the headliner?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

You have any pictures of the map light? One never here used the map lights from a legend that had speakers and he didn't really have clearance issues at all. He just mad custom brackets.

Comment

I installed a map light from a vigor and its perfect. There is about a half inch to an inch of clearance. If you like I can take pics since im not yet done with the installation
      visit vgruk

Comment

yeah Its the same as the vigor one just the vigors on my yard were that brown which does not at all fit the grey headliner.... If pictures are still a request I will get them up later on today.

*Edit* and that could help out seriously RyanD. with things like this unless you feel like changing out the headliner you only have one shot

Do it once, do it right.
        Missing My
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

This is part of the sunroof which can inhibit you clearance but i didnt have a problem with it so you shouldnt either

Here is a visual measurement of how deep it is. i didn't have a ruler on me

if you need anything else let me know. im going to be out and about today so it will have to wait until tonight
          visit vgruk

Comment

Thanks RyanD . Here is what I have for the install this came from a Acura TL 96 as I stated. I have a picture of the clearance I need for the install

Hopeing that the TL and Accord have almost the same clearance for the headliner I hope it will sit flush. If that goes to plan next will be getting wire to tap into both left and right front speakers some how and also figureing out how to tap into the dome light....

My friend got really jellious of me attempting this and pulled one for himself he does not have the sunroof and i'm pretty sure it wont fit his car, becides upon pulling it he broke one of the speaker cones going to quick.

Do it once, do it right.
            Missing My
            Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

That is the EXACT light I have. You have my word. It will fit
              visit vgruk

Comment

I will take more pics to help you with the wires
                visit vgruk

Comment

Cool thanks for the help alot.

I'l be traceing out the light soon here so I can get it exact and not crookid or nothing like that..... I'm pretty good at wiring so the wiring shouldn't be a real pain but my real thought is where to tap into the speakers I have a idea of how to get the dome light to work but yeah pics say a million words....

Do it once, do it right.
                  Missing My
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
                  X