Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9091 vs 9293 headlight housing differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9091 vs 9293 headlight housing differences?

I bought an extra pair of OEM headlights to start on a TSX retrofit. The right headlight was bought online and was supposed to be a 9293 headlight, but I have determined that is a 9091. The left headlight I pulled at the junkyard and I know it is for sure a 9293. I noticed by placing them side by side, the 9091 has six horizontal lines in the glass, whereas the 9293 has five (I suppose this is a quick easy way of telling them apart...) Anyway, my question is if the HOUSINGS are the same between the years... Can I use a 9293 GLASS on the 9091 HOUSING. My idea is to go ahead and put the projector into the 9091 housing I have, then remove the glass from the right headlight on my car (93) and put it on the 9091 retrofitted housing...

Clear as mud??

Thanks.

345,000 miles and counting...

The housings are the same, according to the part numbers listed on majestic. You should be able to swap the glass.

Now I feel stupid for swapping the whole lights, I could have saved quite a lot of money when I frenched the high beams... And I wouldn't have these extra headlights in my living room reminding my girlfriend how much I spend on car parts.

Comment

I think the 92/93 headlights are slightly bigger. I might be wrong.
      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

The glass is longer, but the housing is the same part number. After installing 90-91 headlights I had to get the 90-91 markers too, because they too are short...

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely tune back in once I figure it out for sure.

Comment

The housings are the same. Just thought i would tune back in... I hate leaving threads unresolved... Thanks for the help!

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I agree with you on the unresolved threads thing.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
              X