Removing Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Emblems

I am wanting to remove all the emblems on the back of my car. 92' Accord Ex Coupe, http://members.cardomain.com/jeff405 My question is how do they come off, are they just glued on or do they have the holes? Also what is the best way to remove them without damaging the paint? Thanks for the help.

i just wiggled the shit out of them man and got them off. Takes a little bit of elbow grease but it worked for me. If that doesnt work i think you can take some fishing line, run it behind it, and use a blow dryer to heat up the adhesive and et it off that way. Once you do get it off, use some sort of solvent to get the adhesive off. I made sure to just touch the glue and not the paint either. Once its all gone, i would wax it and see how beautiful it looks without the emblems. There might be other ways, but this was how i did it, and you cant even tell it used to have emblems. They are on my computer now, btw.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Yes, try what chessboxer said, that should work. But you will have two holes and maybe if the paint has faded your emblem is still gonna show up, heres a pick of mine after I took it off. Also this pic was taken before I got all the adhesive off.
      Jay
      Last edited by akkordlayinkit; 10-05-2008, 04:17 PM.
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

my set of shelves has power windows and locks, but no sunroof.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thats great cpmike: heres my "selves"
          Last edited by akkordlayinkit; 10-05-2008, 04:17 PM.

Comment

So the Honda emblem has holes behind it, but what about the "accord" and the "ex" ? Thanks for the help.

Comment

no holes behind those two and a little goo gone and and old liscense of yours , and no glue stuck on,, but be careful not toscratch and when your done , wont ever know they were there

Comment

I took off the "Accord" and "EX" emblem on my coupe. I took a hair dryer at it and started wiggling it off. It will get very hot so be careful. After it's off clean it up real nice and it'll look really clean. You'll probably still be able to vaguely see the outline of the emblems even after they're off. But I have a white car ind it's hardly noticible.

+ '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

I just removed them last night. I used a hair dryer, It came out pretty good. I need to put my pic somewhere so I can send them to this site, any suggestions?

Comment

there are plenty of people willing to host.. just ask

Comment

I use imagestation.com to host...lots of ppl on here use it too. Hey its free.
                      Jay

Comment

i only removed my accord and ex amblems as well. How does somebody go about getting the holes filled in? Without taking it to a shop that is. Bondo perhaps? im not too found of it myself.

Comment

for some reason I don't have any holes...

*confused*

. Snail Squad .

Comment

i meant behind the honda emblem, not the accord and ex. I havent removed that one because of the holes behind it.

Comment

oh...

I'm just getting a new emblem after the old one...so I don't need to worry aobut it...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
                              X