primer black+gloss clear=???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

primer black+gloss clear=???

does it end up in satin black? i want to paint my wheels primer black but def. put a clear coat over it. just wondering, thanks guys.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Originally posted by wed3k
    does it end up in satin black? i want to paint my wheels primer black but def. put a clear coat over it. just wondering, thanks guys.
    just buy a flat clear coat. you can get clears in gloss,semi gloss, and flat just like regular paint. using gloss clear would make it gloss black. if u dont want primer black you could get that effect by using primer or flat black paint with flat clear.so itll protect and look nice.

primer black+gloss clear= gloss black
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 09-23-2005, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      i have seen it. it looks like flat black. or prodution primmer(gelcoat). later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
        i have seen it. it looks like flat black. or prodution primmer(gelcoat). later.
        if he paints his wheels primer/flat black and than uses a gloss clear it wont look flat black it will look gloss black.

Comment

flat black is kinda glossy. later.

Comment

flat black is kinda glossy. later.
            no it isnt. flat black is FLAT. semi gloss is "kinda glossy" and gloss is gloss.

Comment

a little shine but flat. later.

Comment

a little shine but flat. later.
                yea well thats not flat black theres something adding to that to make it look smi gloss its either the clear he used or its not true flat black paint. flat black is flat black it has no shine at all.

Comment

this is what a true FLAT BLACK paintjob looks like. and this is also what it looks like when u use flat gloss over flat black.

now take that same car and add semi gloss clear, and it will be semi gloss black. take that same car and add gloss clear and it will be gloss black and so on. but to answer his question wich was what does primer black + gloss clear=.... and the answer is gloss black. and by the way typeG i like the new sig a lot.

Comment

and by the way typeG i like the new sig a lot
                    thanks.
                    yeah , i keep finding examples of both. dull and semi-shiny pics of what is supose to be flat black, so i don't know why there is differences. later.

Comment

thanks.
                      yeah , i keep finding examples of both. dull and semi-shiny pics of what is supose to be flat black, so i don't know why there is differences. later.
                      yea thats becuase some people use flat clear or no clear for that matter wich makes it very flat......some use semi flat gloss wich makes it semi flat. theres so many variations you could do. but yea your new sig kicks ass compared to your old one.....i like the anlge and the time of day.

Comment

by old sig, do you mean this one. it was my last.

at least you may get a kick out of it. later.

Comment

by old sig, do you mean this one. it was my last.

at least you may get a kick out of it. later.
                          no i ment the one that was a front end shot. nice pic though

Comment

man here.. these are my rims after they got done, this is semi-gloss with nothing else (looks like matte finish with a little gloss, but i guess that is what SEMI-GLOSS! is for!!)....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

idk, if i want the flat black type shit. im shooting for more of a sem-gloss/satin like the hood that was pictured.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X