*Pix* Need Help With "Type R" Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Pix* Need Help With "Type R" Grille

Hey guys, I just finished cutting all of the stuff inside my grill, so it now appears that I'm ready to start the bondo/fiberglass work.

Here's a pic of the bondo stuff that I bought the other day for the grill.

I"ve never used bondo before, so could someone please enlighten me on how they patched up the gaps on their grills like this one.

did you cut with a dremmel ?
    looks real good so far

Comment

thanks bro, I used the dremel with a cutting disc to cut all of the inside stuff .

Comment

Re: *Pix* Need Help With "Type R" Grille

Originally posted by EuroJDMcb7
        I"ve never used bondo before, so could someone please enlighten me on how they patched up the gaps on their grills like this one.
        I'll answer your question....first sand down everywhere you are going to spread the bondo. With the bondo you mix the creme paste filler with the creme hardener, to the specs on the can. Mix it up really good, then just simply spread it evenly over the desired areas. But use thin layers, and sand down every layer, then reapply the bondo until satisfied. To fill the gap where you cut the grille, you can use some mesh and put that under the hole, then apply the bondo over that. Did you get a spreader? If not you need something smooth flat to spread out the bondo, you can even us a putty knife, but us a plastic one, because if you use a metal one the bondo will dry to the metal, and the plastic one you can just bend it and it will flex off.
        Jay
        Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

or u could fiberglass it into 1pc like i did....

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
          AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Working...
          X