BOdy work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOdy work

I went to Macco recently and they said I had like over 26 hours of body work to make the body perfect. I have alot of dents. They said it would cost me like 3 g with the paint. So im just doing almost all the body work my self. And spending like 1000 on an okay paint job and keeping it the same color (check sig.). Im thinking of shaving the body side moldings and the inner tail lights and the doors. Has any one done any o f there on bodywork or know of an indept site that I can read up on ? Thanks

Yeap, Ive done all my bodywork, everything excepts for sprayin the primer, the same guy will spray the paint when I finially get the rest done.
    Heres some pics:

Also, I dont recommend you doing your own bodywork, its alot more work than you think. If possible find a shop and start hangin out there and learn all the tricks.
    Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

For the side moldings is that all bodo or did u use "tiger hair"? I heard your only supose to use bondo 1/4 of an inch think.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
        For the side moldings is that all bodo or did u use "tiger hair"? I heard your only supose to use bondo 1/4 of an inch think.
        I used layers of fiberglass matte and resin to build up, then tigger hair the rest. Then smoothed all that out and skimmed it with bondo to fill all the pores from the glass, to help the primer stick better, and to smooth it more...Yea on the body filler, use it in thin layers, let it dry, sand it completly down and add another thin layer to the high/low spots. But yea use it thin or it will crack if you build it up too thick.

Originally posted by 91accord4door
        jay,
        i didnt know you did your own body work,that looks good,did you use any metal to fill those side moldings?or did you just use bondo?i would like to know a site that has a lot of body work "how to's".looks good man.
        bill
        Yes I do all my bodywork, except for the actual sprayin, (primer, base, primary, clear coats...), and the rest answered above. On the bodywork site, I cant help you there, try mr google....but really the only way, and the best way to learn is to find a friendly shop and start hangin out there....Ive been learning from my mentor (what he calls himself..) for a few years, and theres still stuff im still learning...welding and the gun...they own me.

Jay
        Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Working...
        X