fixing my rust... blending ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixing my rust... blending ideas??

hey im fixing my rust and ive painted it and clear coated but the oem paint on the rear quarter panel is faded so you can see the line where i masked... any ideas? Can i just paint the area thats faded even now that ive clear coated it?? heres a pic...

get some 1500 grit wet sanding paper, wet sand the line out with the sand paper wet and wrapped around something that has a flat edge but it's hard...something rubbery with a straight edge lol, preferably a 3m squeegie. then after the line is out mask the window on the 1/4 panel and anything else around it that you don't want paint on, then just take the paint you have and spray mainly the area you fixed but just spray a lot lighter and quicker as you go further away from the bodywork. this should make it blend, do the same with the clear coat as the paint. this will leave the blend sort of have a grit to it, wet sand that very lightly along with the bodywork just enough until it's all smooth, then just take some buffing compound and rub the hell outta it until it becomes shiny. :-) sry for the long ass response, i tried to be as detailed as possible lol.

Comment

if the paint is really faded tho your prolly still gunna notice it no matter what you do unless you paint the whole 1/4 panel

Comment

thanks.... ill post pics when im done with that side..

Comment

Working...
        X