My new gauges and trim rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new gauges and trim rings

Just thought I'd share a pic of my new Alfa Otto reverse glow gauges and trim rings.

And incase you're wondering where you can get some just like them try eBay, that's where I found them. They come from ProCarParts. The trim rings were seperate, with one of those cheap-O gauge trim things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

I wanna see it when it's done.

Will's Accord

Comment

I got a simular set and have been woudering how to hook it up.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Get those installed buddy.
        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
          I got a simular set and have been woudering how to hook it up.
          Um...you hook the red wire and black wire up to a positive and negative for your headlights or running lights, then mount them in your gauge pod and use the switch to turn them off and on, lol.
          I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Maybe you can answer this before they go in.

In the eBay picture, it appears as if the numbers will light up blue at night. How is that done?

Is the green we normally see from a rubber cover over each bulb or is it from the OEM faceplate, or both?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

The bulbs are in the back of the cluster. They are coated in some type of blue stuff which gives them that blue-green tint.

When you install the glow gauges just remove the bulbs from the back. The hardest part is actually taking apart the dash trim and removing the cluster, after that it's super simple and you will realize how insanely easy it really is.

And if you have any troubles just snap some pics and ask questions.

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord
                I wanna see it when it's done.
                x2. also I wonder how the rings would look in the OEM cluster without the added gauge faces
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                  x2. also I wonder how the rings would look in the OEM cluster without the added gauge faces
                  That is what I was wondering. I happen to like the white/black/green colors of the cluster.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

[click me]

Gauges are half installed into the car right now, still tweaking some of the electronics, but here's a pic of the gauges and rings installed into a stock cluster.

Comment

They look cool, but i think the night view is better

BTW, you dont/didnt have to disengage the SRS did you? Just unhook the (-) battery cable and wait it out 15, 20 mins? I read somewhere that you have get up under the column and disengage the airbags, etc.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

that looks great man, but what holds the rings on?
                        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                          Just unhook the (-) battery cable and wait it out 15, 20 mins?

that's all u have to do bro...no need to disengage the bags..i didnt even unhook my battery when i worked on my dash..but i guess better be safer than sorry....

in response to the OP...i like those rings around the gauges..shit looks hot...and ur glow gauges are a diff design as far as the numbering goes..i like that too... post pix when installed in car..

Comment

my car doesn't even have airbags

the rings have some kind of thick gooey black adhesive ring on the back of them. When you have the cluster apart you'll notice that the black bezel that goes in front of your gauges even has very subtle marking where the rings should line up, so I'm assuming that gauge rings was either going to be an option, or they actually put them on the Acura version of the Accord, which should be the legend I believe. So the rings look and fit like they were meant for the car in the first place.

Comment

Check out the gauges how hot they look.

And here's a pic of my new shift boot, never got around to showing you guys this either.

Comment

Working...
                              X