The Progression of fixing my cb7 Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Progression of fixing my cb7 Rust

Well dudes I was fed up with the rust so i took things in my own hands. I couldnt stand lookin at it anymore so yeah out comes the sandpaper and bondo. Now since i started at about 4:30 at night i didnt have time to finish it. I fixed both my filler panels and i did one wheel well in the corner. I still need to redo it to make it all smooth. I have pics i neeed to load and ill do that after my interview at the UPS store. But man you gotta see the hole i jabbed out with a screwdriver

Last edited by Maple50175; 06-02-2004, 08:12 PM.

If you aren't planing on welding in new metal you should use atleast fiberglass to support the bondo. The Bondo will begin to crack and come loss as soon as the car begins to flex.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Yeah well i just got pissed at it so i had to do something

by the way im not done yet i had to rush because it started to rain and it got dark out and mosquitos suck

Comment

yeah what do you all think?

Comment

eh nobody cares

Comment

do mines

ill pay somebody to do my bodywork
            THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

you got alot of sanding to do im guessing you just let it dry and just spray painted over it.
              cb7 sold
              2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
              95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

yupp yupp Gotta sand it more but it just got dark out. I kinda worked on it a little today heh Its loookin good. Im just makin it so it will last me at least 3 years without rust because i might be getting a new cb7 in a year or 2 anyways but yeah

Mdizzle. Id fix ur rust haha its fun making big holes and fillin em up|

Ill get more pics

My cars gonna look wicked *** with all primer on it

Comment

Re: do mines

Originally posted by MDIZZLE4SHIZZLE
                  ill pay somebody to do my bodywork

Come up to MA, we'll have a cb7 bondo day, HAHA. will work for frEE ok Dizzle?
                  http--www.teckademics.com-media-tst_steirle.jpg

Comment

haha Bondo day w00t. Highrevs you move here yet? We gotta meet up son.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      haha Bondo day w00t. Highrevs you move here yet? We gotta meet up son.
                      hahahaha, yes siree. I am now settled into my new apt in gloucester. Those were some nice pics you took at Bearskin Neck in Rockport, hehe. You should come up this weekend, it's gonna be crazy
                      http--www.teckademics.com-media-tst_steirle.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Im just makin it so it will last me at least 3 years without rust
                        Hahaha...good luck making that bondo hold up that long. Dont get me wrong, I give you props for at least attempting to DIY, but you could have at least done a little researching on body work, just slapping huge globs of bondo to fill holes isnt gonna cut it.

If you decide to redo it, I suggest trying fiberglass, or if you must stick with the bondo, at least pop-rivet some sort of metal or mesh behind it(for support), then apply the bondo in THIN layers, not one thick layer.

Jay
                        Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

good attempt, paint the rear bumper at the same time

listen to the wise people
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

weld a patch its just gonna come right back

Comment

Yeah, like everyone else said.
                              You better weld new metal.
                              If not, that shit is going to come back.
                              Trust me, it already happened to my friend.
                              He went the Bondo-Way, and lost the battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X