***Need some lude cluster swap help for people that have done it...****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Need some lude cluster swap help for people that have done it...****

Well I got my reverse harness about 90 percent done after about 9 hours of straight soldering/laying out/figuring what goes where. Wow, didn't realize it'd be that much 'small busy work.'

Anywho, most of the battle is done. I have an auto trans 93 10th anniversary w/4 wheel abs and am using a 2000 lude auto tranny cluster.

OK, now onto the issues....

Upon my first firing up of the new cluster, I noticed that all the gauges on the left hand side of the cluster was lighted (from the tach leftwards), but on the right side (speedo, fuel), nothing was lighted? I'm thinking it has to do with how I wired the dimmer/illumination wires.

***ABS INDICATOR LIGHT*****
    Secondly, the abs light stays on and remains constant from startup--> onwards. Doesn't turn off like it did with my stock cluster.

I'm pretty sure I have it wired correct, as the B1 plug from the accord side goes to the C6 plug on the lude side, correct?

**DOME LIGHT****
    OK, next, I don't know where the hell the corresponding wire is for the dome light on the accord side? Is it C2 (also says its for the security system?). And what is the corresponding wire for the dome light on the lude side? Right now I have the 2 passenger door indicators from the accord side spliced into the passenger door indicator on the lude side, and same for the drivers side (since I have a 4 door). I'm assuming that's an acceptable way to do it...?

****BULB CHECK CIRCUIT?***

Can't figure out what the B13 pin on the accord side is for, or where it plugs into the prelude cluster...if at all?

***SAFETY INDICATOR****

What does the 'left break lt sens' on the accord side (pin C4) correspond to on the lude side? Is it for the hazards?

***DIMMER/MISC POWER/GROUNDS***

What did you guys do for these? Specifically the following pins on the Lude side:

A1
    A2
    B10
    B11
    C3
    C4
    C9

***AUTO TRANNY ISSUES***

I'm not getting any lights for the gear select when I switch gears on the lude cluster....and I couldn't figure out, for the life of me, where certain wires go.

I believe I got all the gears wired up correctly, however, gear D4 on the accord side 'appears' to be pin D9 on the lude side according to one diagram, but then it appears to be D3 on another diagram? Which one is it?

And what is the corresponding pin for the accord C6 pin (A/T Ctrl unit) on the prelude side? I plugged it in to the C12 plug on the prelude side (ATTS Control unit) since that's the closest I could find, though I know I'm probably way off...

There's a ton of unused wires on the lude side of the auto tranny D plug, so if anyone would be so kind as to post up their matching pins for this plug, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I know it's asking for a lot of help, but please understand that I've gone out of my way to help others (including taking approximately 6 hours out of my time to do a detailed DIY for the tsx projector swap), so I feel I've contributed my fair share. I always help others when I can, and I hope that if someone does have the knowledge for these few issues I have, that they can share it with me.

Thanks much!!!
    Last edited by fliplyricist1; 04-23-2007, 10:44 AM.

My members ride thread

Shit, I didnt know that a cluster swap was SOOOO involved!!! I think I'll take thsi off my to do list Where's airrideaccord when you need him
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
      Shit, I didnt know that a cluster swap was SOOOO involved!!! I think I'll take thsi off my to do list Where's airrideaccord when you need him
      lol, man....I'll take a pic of my reverse harness when I get home...it'll show you how intricate and time consuming it is

It'll be all worth it though when everything works...well, HOPEFULLY when everything works.

I tried switching up some wires and ghettofying the install temporarily so I could drive my car to work today....switched on the headlights, and heard a loud pop, and saw smoke emanating from the dash dimmer switch . None of the backlights on the gauges came on, needless to say. DAMN.

All the warning lights appear to be functioning correctly (got the domelight issue fixed), but the ABS light still stays constant and for some reason now the seatbelt light won't come off . I'm thinking that one of the connectors came loose or something.

Oh and lastly...HOW THE HECK did you guys get the speedo to push back so far and be flush with all the wiring in the back? Mine is nowhere near flush, and I think I have it pushed all the way back...

Well I drove around and all the gauges are working perfectly, but yeah...I definitely need to straighten out this gauge illumination issue....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
      Last edited by fliplyricist1; 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM.

My members ride thread

Comment

[ Dimmers ]
        Put all the REd and Blacks together w/ the other RED and BLACKS (the R/B's join somewhere throughout the wiring of the accord sooo u can splice these together) and The RED stay w. the RED's ||| just dont put the REDS w/ the REDS N BLACKS

[ dome light ]
        u can put the drivers side front and rear together w/ the prelude driver side and do the same w/ the passenger side ( IF U WANNA keep them seperate ) and make 2 dome light wires from that one on the accord side and put one to each
        OR
        u can just put everything together ^_^

[SAFETY INDICATIOR]
        OK the SAFETY INDICATIOR is the BREAK LAMP light above our trunk light saying that we have a break light out ( because any change in resistance in the break lights on the cb7 willl trigger a reaction from the car. i kno this for a fact and have solved many cases like this. ) SOOO in tern if the prelude doesnt have a BREAK LAMP light or something similar to the accord (which i dont think it doesss then u will add this to the unused wires)

[UNUSED WIRES]
        u will have unused wires such as the ATTS and the SECURITY SYSTEM (unless u have an OEM alarm or ATTS on the accord which the ATTS on an ACCORD would prob b a 1st)

[FIT]
        the gauges arent xactly the same shape if you look closely at them from the side view. the bessil has to b shaved a lil at the top for the gauge to sit perfectly but yes it will fit after that.

[ Transmissions systems ]
        idk yet cause i got a manual cluster but we will work on this. i think the yellow wire is the key cause on the prelude diagram it splices into all the other MISC powers but at the bottom is shows D4 goin to this circuit and then D4 showes pin D3

but ok for the A/T each gear has a wire ill do the math for ya
        FUNCTION||ACCORD||PRELUDE
        P||C8||D6
        R||C10||D5
        N||C21||D4
        D1||C16||D16
        D2||C17||D1
        D3||C20||D2
        D4||C21||D3(BLU/RED) NOT YELLOW study the 2 diagrams and you will see the pattern

You want that YELLOW D9 prelude w/ the YELLOW c6 of the accord cause these are the A/T CTRL units

C9 accord light green (engine control moduel) goes into c22=N and c8 = P
        D7 prelude light green splices into d4=N and d6=P
        (sooo as you can seee from this that C9 ACCORD and D7 Prelude are identical wires soooo u wanna put these 2 together

yourPRELUDE D13RED and PRELUDE D14RED/BLK (arent these famliliar colors) yep u guessed it these run from the dimmer circuit but if u notice something interesting that they are joined b4 the reach the cluster ( then y 2 wires??!?!? o_O!? your guess is as good at mine cause to me that would only mean 1 wire now but they got 2 runnin to the cluster sooo idk ) n e wais add these to the collection to the RED and RED/BLACK wires ( remember to keep the REDS seperate front the RED/Black BTW

ok welll just AIM me or call me for the rest ^_^ this is all i got now

and if anyone thinks im incorrect then please feel free to chime in cause i am in no way 100% perfect
        Last edited by xkjnboix; 04-23-2007, 04:57 PM.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

clear ur pms for help!

Sean
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

oops didn't even notice that man, all cleared now

thanks ahead of time

and I got the fix for the domelights if you still need it

My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
            X