Clearcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearcoat

Hey thread #2 about paint! The only color I could agree on was black now for the clearcoat if i throw pearl in it how/what will it do? Has anyone done it b4?
    thanks

will you even be able to tell w/ black? or is it a waste of time

Comment

has anyone ever tried metallic flakes in black or in the clear coat?
      Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
      *RIP*
      1993 Accord EX Coupe
      1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
      1993 Accord EX Coupe
      Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
      JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
      I love it when VTEC kicks in!
      vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

People do it all the time. They also tint the clear as well. If you put it just in the topcoat though you wont get the depth that you're trying to acheive with pearls/metallics. But, it's a cheap way out. But if you seen some cars with crappy pearl paint, odds are, it was added in the clear.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
        Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
        Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
        Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Originally posted by akrodha
          People do it all the time. They also tint the clear as well. If you put it just in the topcoat though you wont get the depth that you're trying to acheive with pearls/metallics. But, it's a cheap way out. But if you seen some cars with crappy pearl paint, odds are, it was added in the clear.

On my second car i will be doing a effect like pearl or something and your sayin to do the pearl in the clear?

Comment

Originally posted by tru2037
            On my second car i will be doing a effect like pearl or something and your sayin to do the pearl in the clear?

looks like ot me hes saying if u put pearl in the clear it looks cheap.

Comment

just my opinion.. it doesn't look as deep as it would if it were layered on with paint.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
              Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
              Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
              Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Working...
              X