to mold or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my sides molded on my 4dr...

As for molding the rear, yes and no. Do it if your going show, but if its a daily driver then dont. Who molds a stock bumper anyways? I was going to mold my rear, but then I realized that I have to remove the rear bumper every now and then to have access to my rear air vavles, so no molded rear for me. And if anyone molds the front, it better be a trailer queen with a very careful driver.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

I dont like any body kits I like the it looking basicaly stock. But I already shaved the front bumper so there is not that black molding that sticks out. And I shaved the rear emblem and thats it so far.

Comment

SICK

1966 Chevy Nova
        1974 Super Beetle
        2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
        2004 Honda Element
        2004 Honda Ruckus
        2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
        www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

If you drive your car everyday, im going to say no. The vibrations will rip the body work apart. If its strickly a weekend or show car, go for it.

Comment

ya i agree

1966 Chevy Nova
            1974 Super Beetle
            2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
            2004 Honda Element
            2004 Honda Ruckus
            2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
            www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Post pictures of the front bumper molding thing shaved on it, I'd like to see it. I have never seen that done before so it'd be something new.

If you go with a body kit, you can mold the rear a lot easier and it'd look better.

Don't mold a stock bumper.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i would never mold a stock bumper anyway. unless u are using a lip kit that will be ok but be really careful. if you got a full body kit i would mold the rear and sides, maybe a front. if its trailered or just a weekend thing. a kid in my car club has a cavalier he molded front/rear fender flares to the body then molded them to the front/rear bumpers which the bumpers are urethane and did the sides as well and they are urethene. he hit somebody in the front cracked the fender and the bumper. fixed it, then hit a racoon cracked the front bumper. BAD IDEA, then he had to paint the whole front clip to match. what im trying to sday is that dont mold anything unless its a weekend car or trailer queen. maybe a lip thats all.

Comment

I know I have already replied in here, but the only one I would mold is the rear and thats only if the bumper is an aftermarket one. Do not mold a stock, that would look hideous.

Here's a nice mold job on a trailer queen that was at a car show.. it's crazy. Headlights molded into the body, fenders molded to the front, everything all molded! Bunch of fiberglass and bondo! haha.

Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

http://realisticdreamz.net/images/jcubito/50.jpg
                    http://realisticdreamz.net/images/jcubito/1406.jpg
                    a before and after pic. a whole gallon of fiberglass and bondo.

Comment

Working...
                    X