my new paint job *teaser* pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new paint job *teaser* pics

ppl are being idiots @ HAN, so i guess ill share the good news with you guys.

alrite, i got my car back today and i have to say i was pretty amazed at first. not much contamination when painting, very glossy. it macthed perfectly BUT........the guy said my clutch was dead...

So when i got there i, i brought some dot 3 brake fluid and we were bleeding the lines from the slave master cylinder. finally after 15 minutes of bleeding, i got resistance on the clutch. I got a sepcial deal and that included an extra clear coat, UV protectant, Protech Plan (half off of paint repairs or new paint job...) a 6 yr warranty and some touch up paint.

PROS:
    -pretty fast
    -came out good
    -got hella shit
    -very cheap price
    -nice customer service (considering he helped me bleed the line and got my clutch to work)

CONS
    -still some contamination in the paint
    -masking wasnt that good (overspray got on my springs, muffler tips, RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!, sunroof and parts of the side skirts and stuff.
    -not very careful with the sanding, sanded my taillights and parts of the moldings
    -thats pretty much it...

(im not sure why im hearing so many horror stories and shit, this place must be pretty good)
    oh, and he also fixed up the hood (fromt eh accident) which looks almost new.

so heres some teaser pics, more pics will come up @ the norcal meet on the 1st. ENJOY!!!

So, if your gonna get a paint job from Earl Schieb, make sure u do the prep work yourself, defintely get the Pro 3 or the Pearl Paint Job plan. take off everything and all belongings (they took 2 bucks from my ashtray, im lucky they didnt take my mp3 player in there) and just sit back and enjoy your new paintjob.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Re: my new paint job *teaser* pics

ppl are being idiots @ HAN
    That's what I keep hearing...Sad.

CONS
    -still some contamination in the paint
    Nothing some time, wet sanding and good finish work with a buffer can't eliminate!

-masking wasnt that good (overspray got on my springs, muffler tips, RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!, sunroof and parts of the side skirts and stuff.
    Go to the paint store and get some laquer thinner and clean it up. Just don't get on your paint!

-not very careful with the sanding, sanded my taillights and parts of the moldings
    You could do a couple things. One, get new/used one's from the net/here. Secondly, if they are custom and you don't want to replace or don't have the money. Use the same technique you would on smoothing out the paint. Use 1000, 1200, 1500 and then maybe 2000. The go over them with plastic polish, they'll look like new again.

Need more pics!

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

hey, thx for one of the few positive comments, i shall get more 2morrow with my friends accord and another friends civic...

i have denatured alcohol, is that not strong enuf? i dont want to damage the clear coat on my rims, i kinda dont want to mess with the paint right now, its pretty smooth as it is. not sure if i want to bother, plus white doesnt bring it out as much.

oh, yea and i do have plastic plish, i used them on a set or corner lights and turned out pristine.
      MORE PICS 2MORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I <3 G60.

Comment

no sense in being negative.

u can try the alcohol, it may work. you can also use mineral spirits which isn't quite as strong as thinner. i've used spirits with luck, just don't apply much pressure. Cured paint/clear as on the wheels will take more rubbing and pressure than it will take to remove the overspray.

I'd start with alcohol, then spirits and final option would be thinner. They may make something for overspray now, check with your local paint shop.. they can give you tips too!

My Cardomain

Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."

Comment

i already wiped the rims down once with the alcohol, i also have paint thinner...
          I <3 G60.

Comment

from what i can see lookin good jO...need more pics though!!

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
            AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

I <3 G60.

Comment

Doesn't look too bad. That's why I like doing the work on my car my self. I can tape it all off, take everything apart and spray where I want to spray.

But it looks good from the pics. I'm one of the most picky people you will find, I can see some flaws in yours but I'm sure it looks a LOT better than before.

As for the paint on the other stuff, just get some nail polish remover or laquer thinner and get that off!

Little stuff can get your paint job to be an A+ paint job.. just a little time!
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

DUDE!
                  could your pics be even more worse?
                  you are in direct light or not enought light in these pics.
                  take some good ones

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
                    DUDE!
                    could your pics be even more worse?
                    you are in direct light or not enought light in these pics.
                    take some good ones
                    dude, try a positive post every once in a while... all of your recent post have been negative. what's eatin' you?

My Cardomain

Comment

i just dont understand people sometimes.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

i bet

My Cardomain

Comment

not bad for a Earl Schieb paint job. A friend of mine just did his, primered the car himself and took it in. Cost him 225 bux and its pretty decent. I like the new sig by the way

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

thx everyone as for the pics, it was in the morning when took them so the sun was @ an angle. i shall take some more with my friend's 6th gen, when he gets it lowered.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Damn man that paint is hot! We really do need some better shots, but it dosen't look bad from the ones you took.

OT: How did the norcal meet go?
                              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Working...
                              X