to cf trunk owners: problem after fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to cf trunk owners: problem after fitting

after installing the cf trunk, i determined that the lift supports were too powerful to lift the trunk since its about a quarter of the weight of the stock trunk. so i removed them and now i'm getting tired of lifting and holding up the trunk myself . i just can't think of a solution right now and i need help.
    did anyone have a similar problem?

Rice or not. Cb7's will never die.

Looks like you have an oem spoiler on your original trunk lid. If it really is oem, then your trunk lid springs were replaced for stronger ones so that your heavier lid wouldn't bonk you in the face. Try looking for stock trunk springs off another car and maybe that will help you out a little.

Comment

my solution which still isnt working out as well as planned yet but should with some adjustments i took one side of the spring off of its mounting point and it opens like oem but leave a fitment problem(gap) on the side with the working spring with some tweaks it should be fine

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Had same Prob

Yea i had the same Prob with my trunk. The brakets are too pressureed on the trunk and man when i first put trunk on i ejected it from the side of driver seat i mean damn that thing flew. But yea i took off the brakets that have the pressure so now i have to hold it 2 but i dont ever put things in my trunk so its not a big thing but yea after u do that there is no more gap sits like a champ. Well maybe u can tweek it to make it work but if u are a person like me that never goes in trunk then its ok i guess.

Team Risk MotorSports!
        My Car!

Comment

just carry a broom stick in your trunk ghetto fab baby!

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Why don't you create a small hood prop so it is there and when you open the trunk you can put the prop so it won't fall.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusprime
              Why don't you create a small hood prop so it is there and when you open the trunk you can put the prop so it won't fall.
              i was thinking about that too but there's really not a sturdy looking part on the trunk that can support a prop.
              looks like i'm gonna have to go to a honda dealership and see what they think i can possibly do.

Comment

Just an idea .. and I wanna try this with my trunk lid but .. The wagons come with gas struts...

Could this be an *option* for you guys with C/F trunks? Would this idea work for us guys
                that do *not* have c/f trunk lids?

Just a thought ...

A Hui Hou !!!
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Maybe someone could engineer the hinge system from the CD5/CD7 chassis. It doesn't even have the hinge bars going in the car, but has an external hinge that pivots the trunk up and out of the way, and it has gas struts on it as well.

You can kinda see in this picture...

Comment

I think the struts would be to strong for the CF trunk cause it is very light. I think a hood prop would be the best way to go in my opinion

Comment

Some 5th gens came with those flip up gas strut assemblies. Im sure you could rig up a strut to work.

Comment

use the little baby trunk hinges off a 92-95 civic sedan 4 door...they all have little hinges...im sure there not to powerful for a c/f trunk. there only like 9 inches long and theres 2 for each trunk.....maybe that would work.

Comment

where do i find a cf trunk for my 90?

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY
                            Maybe someone could engineer the hinge system from the CD5/CD7 chassis. It doesn't even have the hinge bars going in the car, but has an external hinge that pivots the trunk up and out of the way, and it has gas struts on it as well.

You can kinda see in this picture...
                            I'd like the see how exactly the strut folds down so I can decide if there's enough room for a prop to be installed in the cb7. there just might be enough.

Comment

Who did you go through to get your CF trunk lid?
                              My Ride!
                              Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

Working...
                              X