Bodykit...how low is too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodykit...how low is too low

hey i was just wondering how many people have trouble with there body mods when they go over speed bumps or up steep drive ways and just in general driving. also i'm looking to buy an accord '90-'93 but i'm not sure which one to get. are they the same body shape...wat are the main differences

body shape is the same.for differences amongst cb7s, click here.

as far as body mods go, i only have a greddy lip on the front, which unfortunately scrapes from time to time. figure that if the car, in completely stock form, scrapes, then it definitely will with a body kit, since they tend to hang lower than stock.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

If you get a body kit, any your car is lowered, your gonna scrape, unless where you live the roads are perfect.....heres what my front looks like, its been cracked about 6 different times (if look close you can see where I fiberglassed it back a few times), and the rear which is now off, cause of all the cracks. But as far as 90-91 and 92-93 the body is pretty much identical, if you put a kit on any year, its most likely gonna scrape from time to time.

Jay
      Attached Files
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

youre gonna scrape if you put a body kit on...it all depends on how frequent depending if you lower (which you should) it or not...i have a body kit on my and even though its not lowered (yet, i have tein springs ready for install) it still scraped from time to time...you just have to take bumps and steep driveways at an angle to minimize scraping. as for body type, 90-93 are basically the same body type, i just recommend getting a 92-93 4dr simply because it will be easy to swap out the taili lights if you want and they all around look better...no offense to the 90-91 accords just my humble opinion

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

bodykits arent worth it your better off getting a lip or something instead. you are still gonna scrap but if you get a lip you can leave it black so you dont have to worry about getting it painted. so when you scrap you dont have to worry about paint chiping and shit. My car is low and i have a mugen lip i scrap going up driveways and stuff but i can still get over speed bumps. Just keep the stock bumpers and get a lip
          cb7 sold
          2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
          95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

get yourself a lip and save yourself from wasting all that money/having people laugh at you when you drive by.

Comment

since everyone wants to dissuade you from getting a kit, here's some info on lips for our whips (pictures included):
              click here for the info of which i speak/write

peruse through our member's ride section to see all of the possibilities out there as well. there are cars with full bodykits, just front lips, completely stock. in the end, i think you'll find that the cb7 can look good in almost any form.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

lol
                yeah an 1 3/4 inch is too low...

but from a kit owner converting back to lip.... go there form the start

Comment

thanks for all ur help...i'm in australia btw. theres a pic of the kit i'm thinking of getting tell me wat y'all think. wats the difference between a lip and front bumper mod
                  Attached Files

Comment

well the front bumper "mod" actually replaces ur stock bumper, where the lip just mounts right onto your stock front bumper-an astounding improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by getrippedoff
                      thanks for all ur help...i'm in australia btw. theres a pic of the kit i'm thinking of getting tell me wat y'all think. wats the difference between a lip and front bumper mod
                      Personally I dont like that kit, but if you do then get it. Also on the lips, theres a few choices, EX lip (will fit up perfectly), or mugen lip (cutting etc. required to fit.) and the lips actually just bolt to the bottom of your stock bumper, very easy.
                      Jay

Comment

Ohh yea, if you get a kit (or even if you dont) LOWER your car, its just that simple, even if its just an 1 1/2". Our ride height is just ***, no matter whats done to it, and yea if you get a kit and lower it'll scrape, but it'll look alot better.
                        Jay

Comment

perfect explanation of our stock ride height... ***

Comment

does this kit look like it wud be easy to fit... and i mite look into those lips u were talkin bout thanks again

Comment

i dont even have a lip n im still scrapin just off of a 2.5" drop,bodykits r nice but i've seen some cars without the bodykits and they look better being dropped low 2 d ground with its own factory bodykit - well thats from what i've seen up here
                              20% tint, 2.5" nuespeed springs,full out n1 catback exhaust, 53" double deck black aluminum spoiler,custom interior lights, euro clear corners, side markers, clutch masters stage 2 cltuch, matrix intake, MORE MODS TO COME SOON. She's up and running again just put new engine in.
                              (I WILL NOT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X