No announcement yet.

194's bad for cluster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to remove it and do red, to my knowledge there is no way to do it...use a sharpie and color in the numbers lol just remove the backlight and use the lights that shine on the face of the cluster. Im pretty sure thats what PRCB7 did to make his amber cluster.

Comment

I put amber bulbs in my cluster and it works! Of course since I removed the filter from the bulbs that light up the faces, its hard to tell. I have a pretty good pic on my phone but thats about it. Also I bought new 74's to put in the top lights and they didn't fit! WTH! I colored them orange b4 hand too.

By the way, an orange sharpie works great for coloring all those special dash bulbs, and if youre worried about the ink burning off, fear not. I colored 2 194's for my brother's clear corner lamps, and 3 months later, they are still amber as can be!
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

any one wanna post up sum pics ?? :]
        la passion de la moto <3

the spoiled girlfriend wants rims!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
          It all works, just there is a light which USDM CB's dont have
          There was one on Ebay with a really good picture. You could see a light in the ABS position, but it wasn't ABS
          I havn't taken apart a cb cluster but couldn't you sand off the blue background and place your own color instead?
          Its that light that looks like an overheating catalytic converter I'm pretty sure
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Mine didn't have that blue gel when I changed my lights red
            You got pics?
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Here its is:

Amber bulbs will shine thru the backlight, its just my overhead bulbs are so bright that its killing the effect. I still gotta get a clear visor for those.

I was thinking of selling a conversion kit with the cruise switch, dimmer switch, and climate control panel converted to amber or whatever color you want. I already have a couple extras kicking around. Just PM if interested, i wanna see if there is interest out there.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I Put some 908s in the cluster, makes it nice and bright.

Looks good, but like you said, with out the diffuser the overhead lights are way too bright and is distracting lol
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Here its is:

Amber bulbs will shine thru the backlight, its just my overhead bulbs are so bright that its killing the effect. I still gotta get a clear visor for those.

I was thinking of selling a conversion kit with the cruise switch, dimmer switch, and climate control panel converted to amber or whatever color you want. I already have a couple extras kicking around. Just PM if interested, i wanna see if there is interest out there.
                  i got the same thing color and everything.. and yea the front ones kill the rear light output
                  R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                  CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                  Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    Here its is:

im doing the same thing!!
                    Blake.
                    1994 Accord Part out!
                    Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                      and im fairly certain they should work but dimming wont be available because i think you would need a diode to make them work correctly
                      Dimming works with my LED cluster...
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X