can i take off the arm rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i take off the arm rest?

i have a 92ex and wanna get ride of the arm rest...just dosnt sit with me well...it there anyway of takin it off?

Is it the one on the chair or a center armrest? If the chair I am unsure, the center one no problem.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

The driver armrest is attached to the seat with a single nut and washer (behind the circular trim piece). It's a simple install/uninstall, but if you take it off and leave it off, the stud that the armrest rides on will be exposed and I think that would be much more annoying. What is this center armrest you speak of, NorcoAccord?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

he's talking of the one that doubles as a compartment that is attached to the e-brake housing or goes over it.

Comment

IAmTheNight is correct.

Move the Pass seat up as far itll go and the Driver seat as far back. Get into your back seat, passenger side.

Using a flathead screwdriver, or similar tool, pry the round center cap off of the armrest knob. Inside is a bolt. Im unsure of the size, but im willing to bet its a 10. Remove and, voila!

Now i dont think the bolt will be of any inconvenience. If it is, simply cover it with a foam peg or something of the like.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Can't you just put it up?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              Can't you just put it up?
              lol..i like the armrest its in constant use when i drive, i think an empty hole in the seat would look worse..and if its the console armrest then i dont know i've never really seen one
              92 4 Dr Ex-sold/91 civic hatch(bad head)/93 civic vx

Comment

Someone, i wanna say TypeG, removed the armrest and just put the knob back on the seat.

That knob, if you turn it, adjusts the seatback. Has something to do comforting the seat or something.

Just removed the armrest, and put the knob back on the seat.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

i remember highrevs22 saying he had to hacksaw the stud off.

ive never removed the armrest (i love it) so i dont know what it looks like when removed, but i do know that its held on by a single nut under the cap/knob.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

TypeG:

Comment

didn't remove that meow. that's the way it came for me. i wish i had it because i have a leather cover for it sitting all by its self. mine's just the regular old lumbar adjustment know. later.

meow
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                        didn't remove that meow. that's the way it came for me. i wish i had it because i have a leather cover for it sitting all by its self. mine's just the regular old lumbar adjustment know. later.
                        meow
                        ill believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

On the 92/93 LX and above dr. seats, the seat mounted armrest has a support shaft that is welded right onto the frame. Along w/ that is some gussets too, those would have to come off aswell. It would all have to be cut off then some sort of cover would have to be used.

I forget the size of the nut, it's something like a 22 or 23mm, or maybe larger, I can't remember!

Comment

Yeah, i got out there earlier and looked at it, and i was wrong.

A screw holds the knob on. A massive bolt holts everything else on there. Couldnt get it off, even with pliers. But then again, i wasnt trying too hard.

GL with it.

Comment

i decided im not gonna do that...and im gonna get rid of my ricy ideas...gosh...freakin rice flu...

Comment

Working...
                              X