Leather Inserts.....FML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather Inserts.....FML

Maybe i missed the memo, or perhaps i wasnt filled in on the details but, apparently leather inserts wont work on doors with cloth. At least they wont work on mine.

Here's how they work:
    The insert has little tabs on it. The panels, that are to have leather, have corresponding slots, that the tabs go into.

My rear door panels already had tan leather inserts on them, so i just had to remove the tan and insert the black.

The fronts are a different story. They were/are cloth, so there are no slots for the tabs to go into. Now im having to line up the insert, press and drill my own slots. Not a big deal, but WTF??

Seriously.

Am i the only one that this has happened to or has anyone else run into this?

/rant. lol:

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Might have to make a DIY out of this.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

really? thanks man didnt know that. always assumed the backings were going to be identical. was going to replace my cloth with a junkyard leather set find, but will have to check it out for myself. i spotted a 9091 w/leathers and mines a 9293.

Comment

Grab the entire door panel. That should swap over. The inserts are the parts that screwed me up.

Comment

so you just have to poke some holes in the panel? sounds easy. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I wouldnt say poke. The metal that the insert is made of is very malleable. I can barely push hard to leave marks on the panel. Im gonna drill holes and cut/file.

Comment

i put my on without making holes or removing cloth. Fits is good you can kind of see a little bit of the edge of the cloth behind it.

'90 Accord EX

Comment

ofcourse you have to make holes for the tab if the door panel didnt have leather before. many people know this.

just ask anyone whos sold the leather panels

thats why I just got the whole leather door panels off my old SE

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I know holes have to be made if they arent there, i just thought the cloth would have tabs or there would be slots already marked or drilled.

1990accordEX, how did you get it to stay attached? Did you attach the whole insert or what?

Comment

The front insert are held on by the armrest. The rear are held by the rear seat and a screw for the arm handle thing?

'90 Accord EX

Comment

Hm. If all else fails i may try that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                        Hm. If all else fails i may try that, lol.
                        let us know how you go! im going through the same motions atm.

Comment

get a knife & make some slits

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

But if the cuts i make are too long they tabs wont have anything grab ahold of, so getting it right the first time is important.

I just did what 1990accordEX did and used the armrest to hold them on, and it worked pretty well. There's a small gap at the bottom of the panel, but its not from the insert, its from the door seperating from the insert area, but its unnoticable really.

Comment

you lazy mo-fo

you stab a horizontal hole just like the horizontal tab. you cant go wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X