Shifter bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter bushings

I know Corsport USA makes aluminum shifter bushings to replace the rubber ones where the shift cables attach to the transmission, but I can't find any made to replace the rubber bushings on the inside of the car on the shifter assembly.

Does anyone know of a company that make such bushings? Aluminum or urethane is fine with me. Otherwise, I'm going to have to do a custom order or make my own.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

make you and me some
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
      make you and me some
      I might have to just do that. I've already found a place I can buy some properly-sized t6 slugs. I would just have to drill out the centers.

However...this came to my attention: Wouldn't the shifter vibrate horribly if you replace that soft rubber with solid aluminum?

That's why I'm thinking polyurethane instead. But then, I don't know if I want to put that amount of work into a compromise. I guess its aluminum or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        I might have to just do that. I've already found a place I can buy some properly-sized t6 slugs. I would just have to drill out the centers.

However...this came to my attention: Wouldn't the shifter vibrate horribly if you replace that soft rubber with solid aluminum?

That's why I'm thinking polyurethane instead. But then, I don't know if I want to put that amount of work into a compromise. I guess its aluminum or nothing.
        only one way to find out
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i just used fender washers under the bolt and mounted the shifter bucket directly to the body. no slop or vibration here AND i have thebalance shaft belt off so the entire car vibrates at 1000k idle.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            i just used fender washers under the bolt and mounted the shifter bucket directly to the body. no slop or vibration here AND i have thebalance shaft belt off so the entire car vibrates at 1000k idle.
            1000k?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              1000k?
              Delta 272 cam.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

1000k would be 1,000...1,000 times...he was just making fun of you lol. That would mean you're idling at a million rpms.

That's good to know you don't have any vibrations from removing the rubber bushings...that's all that was holding me back really. How many washers did you use and how thick is each one? If you don't remember its cool.

I want to try to use one solid piece of aluminum though, so hopefully I measure properly...it may take a few tries to get it right.

Comment

Working...
                X