X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard Removal

would anyone have a Diagram of dashboard removal
    Bump!

ok well its hard, you need to remove your center counsel, then all your trim aorund your radio and gauge cluster, remove your steering wheel, then you have 4 bolts on the sides, then 4 bolts under the center tunnel, then you want to unplug 4 wireing harnesses,(ill try to get pics).
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Dashboiard removal lil hep

Dashboard removal.....lil help

I took out the console, the glove box, the retaining screws, and everything i needed to...... all the screws holding the dash on are removed including the bracket by the shifter and the steering column cover. NOW do i have to take the ignition off and the blinker assambly ?????? ths dash is sliding all over the place and i can't figure a way around it. i did everything in the haynes manuel. lil help
      "Sorry i can't let you in, the back seat is down..."

Comment

I have a 92 coupe. When I did my dash removal there were a couple of quirks. There is a screw behind the clock that I had a hard time getting too but with enough prying I took it out. 2nd, you should have been told to drop your steering column, that would move your blinker etc. out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
          I have a 92 coupe. When I did my dash removal there were a couple of quirks. There is a screw behind the clock that I had a hard time getting too but with enough prying I took it out. 2nd, you should have been told to drop your steering column, that would move your blinker etc. out of the way

yea i already did that ... it still won;t pull out all the way..... also i did disconnect all electrical connections..........

BUMP

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyCar
            yea i already did that ... it still won;t pull out all the way..... also i did disconnect all electrical connections..........

BUMP

You must not be reading what I wrote. When you lower the steering column the blinker assembly and ignition system will come with......

EDIT: Is it snagging on something? Are there wires still attached? What are the symptoms?????? Stuck on the right? Stuck on the left? Bottom? Top?!!

Comment

stuck on the left .... what do you mean lower the steering column.....like drop it to the floor????

Comment

how did this go?

i have the same problem.. im trying to remove dash but steering is in the way (switch things mainly) i took off the black cover thing

but i cant pull the dash over the steering wheel...
                The Car

Comment

steering wheel and blinker/washer levers need to be removed.

for 9293: remove plastic cover over the cruise control buttons and remove the cruis buttons (2 screws). pop the lower cover by removing 2 screws and unhook the airbag. pop the left plastic screw cover. use torx bits to remove two gold torx screws to pull airbag forward out of steering wheel. remove the big 19mm bolt in the middle and youll see which wires you need to disconnect to be able to remove the wheel. with that gone, the SRS cable reel gets disconnected under teh column, 2 screws removed, and slides off. the blinker/washer arms are held on by two screws, and also disconnect the plugs on the back and pull them forward.

then you should have room to pull the dash off. PITA, right?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

can someone show me how to remove these?

i have a 90 lx.
                    The Car

Comment

bump cuz i havent gotten help...
                      The Car

Comment

i finished this project about two weeks ago. you have to pop off the honda emblem on the steering wheel, and take off the nut inside that holds the steering wheel on. next you have to remove the plastic that covers the steering colomn. the screwes for that are underneath. there are 2 or four little screws that hold the blinker-and the washer control switches. then they just pull out to the left or right...... depending on which one you are taking off. take off the plastic cover under the steering column and voila you now may pull your dash ouit............watch out for the ignition..... i broke my little clear plastic on the ignition but oh well.

Comment

Just out of curiousity...

What are you doing that you need to remove the dash?

Weight reduction? New dash, different color? Glassing?
                          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

To do change the colors on the Gauge cluster and the A/C Controls do you have to pull the whole dash or can you just remove the two parts and leave the dash together??
                            1991 Black Accord Coupe
                            Sprint Lowering Springs
                            Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
                            Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
                            17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
                            TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

to remove the center console & gauge surround:::

on a 4 door lx 90 accord::

two screws above gauge bezel (you can feel em if you run your fingers on the top of the gauges. two screws in the ashtray, screws behind the cruise button, hazzard button, dimmer knob, rear defroster, and all optional plates. two screws behind coin tray. i think thats it... i may be mistaken. and no you don't have to take the whole dash out.

BTW if anyone here takes off thier dash replace the cabin filter as you do it seeing how its been in there for 15 years or so

Comment

Working...
                              X