Aligning a steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aligning a steering wheel

does anyone know how to align a steering wheel with the wheel on? i installed mine today and i THOUGHT it was straightened out but when i went to go drive it, it cocked to the side. lol. but when i went to go take it off to align it, the bolt stripped

is there any way to straighten it out without taking the steering wheel off?

take it to get an alignment... they'll straighten the steering wheel and lock it down, and hopefully your tie rods will have enough room for adjustment to get the wheel straight.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
      take it to get an alignment... they'll straighten the steering wheel and lock it down, and hopefully your tie rods will have enough room for adjustment to get the wheel straight.
      i was trying to avoid that. lol. figured theres something i could at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        i was trying to avoid that. lol. figured theres something i could at home.
        how is the bolt stripped? is the head rounded off or is it just turning and not coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
          how is the bolt stripped? is the head rounded off or is it just turning and not coming out?
          they're allen wrench bolts that bolt the wheel to the hub. 2 of them are stripped.

Comment

just sit the car in the street an make sure the wheels are striaght, then do it worked for me
            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Working...
            X