pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pedals

i have a 92 dx, and the rubber on my pedals is worn down. i was thinking about getting some new aftermarket pedals. how would i install them?? my friend said something about a screw, but i looked and i couldn't find anything...

If you have an automatic, I have some brand new never used pedals for sale.

They attach via clams on the back.

Comment

sorry i have a manual...

Comment

there prolly would be a screw on the back of the new pedals.. they would prolly just wrap around and you tighten it down. Although Im not sure cuz i havent messed w/any aftermarket pedals.

The stock ones just slip on and off though.

Comment

they go over the original pedals, they have their own brackets so u just tighten them. It's really easy

Comment

i have some, since my rubber was worn off and if my shoe was wet itd slip up the pedal when i pushed it in, and theres 4 L bracket type things that you put around the back of the pedal and tighten some screws, very simple.
            make money and die.....thats the american way.

Comment

Ive had momo pedals before and have sparco ones now. You have to drill holes in the pedals then screw them down with attached bolts and nuts. Its kinda a bitch to drill the holes but I think its worth it. I like these better than the clamp type because you can angle the pedals and set them however you like (great for MT).

Comment

would you someone be interested in doing a diy for it?

Comment

Flaco, pm if you need some help, its pretty self explanitory tho. You mark the pedals at the angle you want them at and then drill holes. only thing to consider is the positioning of the holes in the pedals:
                  http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODAPES
                  scroll down and you can see the different mounting patterns (Sparco - vertical, momo - diagonal)
                  I switched to the sparco set so I could place my gas and brake pedals closer and the clutch farther.

Comment

going back to new stock pedals is also an option, they sell new rubbers for the clutch and brake pedals at Advance Auto, ive never seen them in Autozone or napa but im guessing they are there. id suggest grabbing a set, it makes a world of difference...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by z-93lx
                      Ive had momo pedals before and have sparco ones now. You have to drill holes in the pedals then screw them down with attached bolts and nuts. Its kinda a bitch to drill the holes but I think its worth it. I like these better than the clamp type because you can angle the pedals and set them however you like (great for MT).
                      I'd have to agree, I also have Sparco pedals, here's an older pic (i have since placed the gas pedal just a bit higher and to the right)

Comment

did u have to remove the old pedals to drill in the new ones or did u jus drill holes into the old pedals and put screws in them?
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                        X