• Show
Clear All

hmm

put the shift lights in the vents?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Here's a few pics, sorry for the quality, it's always fuzzy on the left.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another:
        Attached Files

Comment

I got a shift light out of a used car purchase last spring. When I got rid of the car, or rather, it got rid of me, I kept the light. Since nobody really wanted to buy it I decided to put it on. It, as are the makeshift gauge pods, is held on with black silicone - which you can get any hardware store. I haven't cleaned up the globs of it, nor will I anytime soon, as you can see below, but it makes for a nice, easy, and very reversable installation.
          Attached Files

Comment

that looks very bootlegged... if your going for a clean look mount it flush with the console... dont just tack it on..

Comment

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that it does look haphazard. I tried flush mounting the gauges with the bottom of the drink holder there but they interfered with the shifter cables - so, with a 2 1/16" hole already there, I had to do something. I may fix something up later, but I doubt it. It's an autocross project, so my goal isn't to be pretty.

Comment

H22Sparkle, I would get rid of the monster tach. No offense but it is a little overkill. If you like the Idea of a shift light then just get a shift light. Anyway, once the tach is gone the you can put a gauge in it's place. I would personally put one right above the vent on the left side. Kind of where your tach is now. There is a dished out spot on the dash. It is a great opportunity to make a custom gauge housing. Would look super sweet.
                FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

I would get the guage pod that allows yoy to mount the guage on the steering colum.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

what andrew did u could easily bent the pvc piping so that the gauges ACTUALLY face the driver and u dont have to like look over them u can just glance down..
                    with any reliably hot heat source (heat gun) u can bend it to you liking

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I only like the tach because it turns colors at different rpm's thats why nothing big.

Comment

Working...
                      X